Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension What do you think advice and comments for 4 season DD

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Doc_Savage
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think advice and comments for 4 season DD

I have to do a full change on my suspension set up the Oem One is shut and instead of just changing the strut and shocks, I'd like to do a full set.

Since this his my DD and that I drive in winter with snow Ice and salt I choose to stay away from coilovers.

I Choose:

H&R touring cup kit item part # 31040t-1
HOTCHKIS H-SPORT 2-PIECE REAR CAMBER LINKS item part #13800
HOTCHKIS H-SPORT rear sway bars item part #22800r
WHITELINE R53 Rear end links item part #klc006
POWERFLEX Front wishbone rear bushing item part #pff5-101 (there's supposed to come by pair)
CRAVENSPEED strut tower defender item part #crmc-0040

I don't think I'm missing anything but you can correct me if I'm wrong!

Camber plates would be an overkill right??? or should a get some instead of the tower defender???

Thanks

Old 06-26-2012, 01:55 PM
00zero
2nd Gear
I have a similar setup to the one you are looking into but by no means an expert.

The rear end links are not necessary if you don't have coil-overs. They are used to remove pre-load on the anti-sway bar due to corner weighting.

If you are doing the strut tower defenders i would just go with the Ireland fixed camber plates. The added camber up font is a universally accepted good thing on minis.

The front control arm bruising do come as a pair.

-Jonathan

Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Doc_Savage
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 00zero
I have a similar setup to the one you are looking into but by no means an expert.

The rear end links are not necessary if you don't have coil-overs. They are used to remove pre-load on the anti-sway bar due to corner weighting.

If you are doing the strut tower defenders i would just go with the Ireland fixed camber plates. The added camber up font is a universally accepted good thing on minis.

The front control arm bruising do come as a pair.

-Jonathan
Thanks jonathan for your reply

So your saying that I can ditch the rear end links, and instead of go with Craven speed ST defender I should go with camber plates I'd like some adjustment on the camber and to be able to adjust the damping on the struts (koni in the H&R kit)
What would you recommend

Thaks again

Old 07-02-2012, 09:44 AM
00zero
2nd Gear
Correct, you don't need the end links just reuse the stockers. I only have the Ireland fixed camber plates, they add -1.25deg. while on most you will not have perfect camber match left to right unless you are racing i was told not to worry about it. Adj front camber is out of my realm of knowledge, i haven't used any of them. the Vorshlag seem to be the best but they aren't cheap but you can adjust your dampers. If you are unsure i would give any of the vendors a call they are are very helpful and will not lead you wrong. -Jonathan

Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Yeah unless your a race car driver the end links are not necessary. Plus that brand is noisey and will wear out.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 07-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Doc_Savage
2nd Gear
Defenitly not a race car driver, Still trying to convince my wife to let me autocross the darn thing

Hey Way Just wrote to you on friday in pm don't know if you saw it
It was a very long and boring pm about me and my problems

Thanks a bunch anyway guys