Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Upgrade recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 10:53 AM
welcha13
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrade recommendations

Hello all! It's time for some upgrades on the ol' lady... I mean... the MINI.
My (assumedly) OEM struts are way past their expiration date with 120k miles. It's time to replace them. I had a thread a while back with questions about Koni's but I think I'm not going to go that route.

It looks like WayMotorWorks finally has some TSW lowering springs in stock so I'll be getting those. My main question is what strut would be most optimal with these springs? I've seen Bilstein Touring Class on Pelican Parts and Bilstein B4 @ Way's place. What is considered OEM? I've also read that TSW springs and JCW struts are a great combo. What are JCW struts... ?? Where can I find these? What do you all think?

My other for sure upgrade (and the reason I'm not spending extra on Koni yellows) is a rear swaybar. I'm inclined to just go with the TSW one... but is there something equal quality for lower price? Or better for the same price?
And Way, I see you have the WMW suspension package, the springs, rear swaybar, and rear control arms... but I already have the adjustable control arms. Can you throw me a package deal without? hehe...

It's also time to upgrade the brakes. I'm thinking about going with Brembo ceramics. Living in FL do you think it's worth it bothering with more expensive coated brake rotors over non-coated?

Thanks in advance for your input!