Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Finally gave her the stance she deserves

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 06:42 PM
fraserfrase
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally gave her the stance she deserves

Hey guys, figured I'd share a few photos after finishing my suspension job last night. I went the cheap route with parts as I'm ballin on a budget.

Parts: Stagg struts and shocks, Tein S tech lowering springs, Ireland Engineering fixed camber plates, Ebay lower rear control arms, xxr 530 16x8 et20 wheels, 205/50/16 BF Goodrich G Force Comp 2's.

It still needs an alignment but the ride is night and day, it's truly amazing. The shocks were completely blown as they had never been replaced and the car just went over 100k miles this week. It glides over the pavement now, and even shifts are smoother as the car stays flat instead of teeter tottering. After 19 hours of work over 2 days, a few bloody knuckles, a bunch of trips to various parts stores, and most importantly a lot of beer... I finally got it done. Let me know what you guys think!

Attached Thumbnails Finally gave her the stance she deserves-img_1951.jpg   Finally gave her the stance she deserves-img_1952.jpg   Finally gave her the stance she deserves-img_1955.jpg   Finally gave her the stance she deserves-img_1956.jpg   Finally gave her the stance she deserves-img_1958.jpg  

Finally gave her the stance she deserves-img_1946.jpg   Finally gave her the stance she deserves-img_1957.jpg  

Last edited by fraserfrase; 04-02-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:50 PM
bavmotors
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks good, ik how ballin on a budget feels.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Sculsz
1st Gear
Looks great.. Love the XXR's....

Old 07-03-2016, 08:27 AM
sabjcw
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fraserfrase
Hey guys, figured I'd share a few photos after finishing my suspension job last night. I went the cheap route with parts as I'm ballin on a budget.

Parts: Stagg struts and shocks, Tein S tech lowering springs, Ireland Engineering fixed camber plates, Ebay lower rear control arms, xxr 530 16x8 et20 wheels, 205/50/16 BF Goodrich G Force Comp 2's.

It still needs an alignment but the ride is night and day, it's truly amazing. The shocks were completely blown as they had never been replaced and the car just went over 100k miles this week. It glides over the pavement now, and even shifts are smoother as the car stays flat instead of teeter tottering. After 19 hours of work over 2 days, a few bloody knuckles, a bunch of trips to various parts stores, and most importantly a lot of beer... I finally got it done. Let me know what you guys think!
Perfect height. Spot on. At that height your Mini is still very driveable. Any lower and it takes away from all of the benefits of owning a Mini! Well done!

Old 07-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Suspension

Great job, congrats!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Saltysalt
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I like it, I just did suspension on my car, granted mine has 63k miles. I did megan coilovers, ebay endlinks, lower control arms and my rsb.

that was a night and day differnence and my stuff wasn't blown! the OEM struts don't seem to have the right dampning. because the oem suspension was definently more jarring, wereas the coilovers are stiffer, but more linear progression. not slamming bump stops

I noticed my shifting was tighter as well, and acceleration was smoother since the car wasn't lifting.

doesn't it feel good to have all that? I spent about 12 hours doing mine

Old 07-17-2016, 09:45 PM
fraserfrase
Neutral
Thanks I appreciate it. Yeah it definitely scrapes here and there but I'll take it over stock any day.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:50 PM
fraserfrase
Neutral
Originally Posted by Saltysalt
I like it, I just did suspension on my car, granted mine has 63k miles. I did megan coilovers, ebay endlinks, lower control arms and my rsb.

that was a night and day differnence and my stuff wasn't blown! the OEM struts don't seem to have the right dampning. because the oem suspension was definently more jarring, wereas the coilovers are stiffer, but more linear progression. not slamming bump stops

I noticed my shifting was tighter as well, and acceleration was smoother since the car wasn't lifting.

doesn't it feel good to have all that? I spent about 12 hours doing mine
Nice, I wish I went with coils but I'm also happy I saved some money by just doing the springs and budget shocks. Next up is a rear sway bar