Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

pics with hyper black wheels anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
djchinky
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics with hyper black wheels anyone?

Hey guys and gals.. I just ordered my Black MCS last week so im lookin for some new shoes for my car.. i found a deal on these rims

http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?i...2D+Hyper+Black

but I do not know how they would look on a Black Mini.. does anyone have pics of a MCS with these wheels.. or even Hyper black wheels?? (prefferably all Astro black minis) I haven't even received my car yet.. but im anxious to get her some new shoes.. also does anyone know if these rims will even fit my mini? specs are : 17X7 4lug .. I want to use the rubber and tire pressure monitor that come with the stock wheels on these rims.. think it will work??

Old 06-06-2007, 06:18 AM
Klasse Act
4th Gear
Here you go!

With the stock centercaps

Custom MINI centercaps

The wheels are PIAA Sport Mesh, 17 x 7 and the hyper black finish. I got them through my buddy at Discount Tire, special order but that wasn't a problem at all. They listed for $239.00 per, but I paid $220.00 because of the amount of tires/wheels I've bought through him over the past 10 years or so. IMO these wheels will look great on your Astro Black R56

Old 06-06-2007, 08:36 AM
djchinky
1st Gear
nice pics! were you able to fit your stock rubbers on those rims??

Old 06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
nocivic
2nd Gear
LOOKING AT SELLING MY WHEELS. LET ME KNOW 18X7.5

Old 06-06-2007, 08:52 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by djchinky
Hey guys and gals.. I just ordered my Black MCS last week so im lookin for some new shoes for my car.. i found a deal on these rims

http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?i...2D+Hyper+Black

but I do not know how they would look on a Black Mini.. does anyone have pics of a MCS with these wheels.. or even Hyper black wheels?? (prefferably all Astro black minis) I haven't even received my car yet.. but im anxious to get her some new shoes.. also does anyone know if these rims will even fit my mini? specs are : 17X7 4lug .. I want to use the rubber and tire pressure monitor that come with the stock wheels on these rims.. think it will work??
djchinky,

Since your MINI will be new you will have stock brakes, BUT if you are considering any future mods such as BIG brakes make sure the wheels will fit over them. You should check with the wheel manufacturer and they can tell you. Ask about the "offset" as well and will you need any spacers. All of these questions are easy to ask and easy to answer. If they don't know, check elsewhere, they should. I run Brembo 320 mm rotors and this limits the wheels that I can use.

Are you looking for gloss black or matt black wheels? Team Dynamic Pro Race 1 wheels are totally black and have a matt finish. I have these (you can check my gallery). I just bought some PIAA wheels (FR-7). The have the high gloss black center and chrome outer rim. I like them both.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Rockit Man
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mini pooper
djchinky,

Since your MINI will be new you will have stock brakes, BUT if you are considering any future mods such as BIG brakes make sure the wheels will fit over them. You should check with the wheel manufacturer and they can tell you. Ask about the "offset" as well and will you need any spacers. All of these questions are easy to ask and easy to answer. If they don't know, check elsewhere, they should. I run Brembo 320 mm rotors and this limits the wheels that I can use.

Are you looking for gloss black or matt black wheels? Team Dynamic Pro Race 1 wheels are totally black and have a matt finish. I have these (you can check my gallery). I just bought some PIAA wheels (FR-7). The have the high gloss black center and chrome outer rim. I like them both.
So ...Norm...are you keeping both sets of wheels?

Rob

Old 06-06-2007, 01:18 PM
djchinky
1st Gear
I think im gonna go for a gun metal, or steel grey look.. Im not too fond of the shiny black look.. but i think the matte black would look better.. so I have somewhat decided on rim color, now i need to find a pattern i like.. the Exel TZ-10 in Hyperblack are starting too look good.. As for big brake kit.. I don't think i will be putting a kit in anytime.. when i test drove the mini the stock brakes amazed me.. i guess many go for the big brake kit cause it looks soo much better with a nice set a wheels..
Would u know if my stock rubbers would fit on any set of rims that are 17x7?? btw my stock wheels will be 17" but I do not know their dimensions.. also is the tire pressure monitor transferable to new wheels??

djchinky,

Old 06-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Flick
2nd Gear
Sorry, the Mini's not black, but the rims are - 18" wheel/tire promotion from Mini Canada (US as well??)...

Attached Thumbnails pics with hyper black wheels anyone?-mini-001.jpg  
Old 06-06-2007, 05:20 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Rockit Man
So ...Norm...are you keeping both sets of wheels?

Rob
YEP

Old 06-06-2007, 05:25 PM
obehave
6th Gear
Old 06-06-2007, 05:26 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
I think im gonna go for a gun metal, or steel grey look.. Im not too fond of the shiny black look.. but i think the matte black would look better.. so I have somewhat decided on rim color, now i need to find a pattern i like.. the Exel TZ-10 in Hyperblack are starting too look good.. As for big brake kit.. I don't think i will be putting a kit in anytime.. when i test drove the mini the stock brakes amazed me.. i guess many go for the big brake kit cause it looks soo much better with a nice set a wheels..
Would u know if my stock rubbers would fit on any set of rims that are 17x7?? btw my stock wheels will be 17" but I do not know their dimensions.. also is the tire pressure monitor transferable to new wheels??
djchinky:

The matte black finish looks great!
The big brakes offer more than just looks. The better your MINI stops, the faster you can go in the first place.
I think the stock rubbers would fit, BUT this is a question for the MINI dealer and your tire & wheel supplier. BE SURE! There are alot of people that will tell you things will fit and workm until you try to install them. Look before you leap

Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Old 06-06-2007, 06:14 PM
nparker
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nocivic
LOOKING AT SELLING MY WHEELS. LET ME KNOW 18X7.5

May be interested. Shoot me a PM with price.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Vinyl Styles
Banned
Mine are a mesh design, also hyper black, similar to the ones you posted.

My first set were darker, but when I had to re-order a 2nd set, Enkei changed the color on me. Bastards!!!

Old 06-06-2007, 06:57 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
I want to use the rubber and tire pressure monitor that come with the stock wheels on these rims.. think it will work??
The MINI flat tire warning does not have have a tire pressure monitor. The is part of the ABS system and simply measures the wheel rotation. Flat tire = smaller circumference, one wheel spins faster than the others. It works with any set of wheels you put on the car.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
djchinky
1st Gear
djchinky:

The matte black finish looks great!
The big brakes offer more than just looks. The better your MINI stops, the faster you can go in the first place.
I think the stock rubbers would fit, BUT this is a question for the MINI dealer and your tire & wheel supplier. BE SURE! There are alot of people that will tell you things will fit and workm until you try to install them. Look before you leap
thanks for the heads up.. I will definetly ask them to make sure. The rims on your car seem different from the picture you posted, are they the same rim? and is that a gloss black finish on the rims on your car? After seeing some pics I think i want to stay away from the mesh design now.. maybe a more simpler design will look better...

Old 06-06-2007, 07:28 PM
djchinky
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rkw
The MINI flat tire warning does not have have a tire pressure monitor. The is part of the ABS system and simply measures the wheel rotation. Flat tire = smaller circumference, one wheel spins faster than the others. It works with any set of wheels you put on the car.
thx for the info for some reason i thought it had a pressure monitor system

Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Klasse Act
4th Gear
nice pics! were you able to fit your stock rubbers on those rims??
Yes and FWIW I'm glad I did because these tires are NOT as bad as some would have you believe, save your money and run they till they need to be replaced and THEN, get something else to replace them, hell, it might be another set of run-flats, who knows

Old 06-07-2007, 11:37 AM
bushman66
2nd Gear
Klasse Act...did these wheels require any sort of spacer? Also...where did you get the MINI center caps?