Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Overheard at MINI of San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:27 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
Overheard at MINI of San Francisco

I was at the parts/accessories counter at MINI of SF to get some replacement fasteners for interior trim panels. The person at the counter was on the phone with a customer explaining selection and prices for new tires. She talks for a while, then pauses and says, "You know what? You should go online to TireRack.com and see what they have. It's where we order from anyway, and you'll save some money by eliminating the middleman..."

Old 06-07-2007, 03:04 PM
JT MINI
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rkw
I was at the parts/accessories counter at MINI of SF to get some replacement fasteners for interior trim panels. The person at the counter was on the phone with a customer explaining selection and prices for new tires. She talks for a while, then pauses and says, "You know what? You should go online to TireRack.com and see what they have. It's where we order from anyway, and you'll save some money by eliminating the middleman..."
A lot of vendors buy from TireRack, including big name local tire shops. What I usually do when I buy tires, I show the vendor the price from TireRack and see if they can match, 9 out 10 usually match the price.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:33 PM
mr. jim
4th Gear
<<She talks for a while, then pauses and says, "You know what? You should go online to TireRack.com and see what they have.>>

That sounds like she is saying, go away don't bother me anymore. I'd stay clear of that MINI dealership if they all have that attitude.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:58 PM
tsprayfhs
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mr. jim
<<She talks for a while, then pauses and says, "You know what? You should go online to TireRack.com and see what they have.>>

That sounds like she is saying, go away don't bother me anymore. I'd stay clear of that MINI dealership if they all have that attitude.

Really? She sounds like she is trying to save the customer money. That is a good thing. More dealers should do the same.

Motor on

Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 PM
bumble's angel
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mr. jim

Originally Posted by tsprayfhs
Really? She sounds like she is trying to save the customer money. That is a good thing. More dealers should do the same.

Motor on

Did she talk for a while, or did they chat? If she was trying to rush the customer off I would be upset, but if she was trying to let the customer know where to get a better deal than good on them.

So which was it. I have always had good chats with MA's. Try not to deal with the SA's as much, but for the most part my conversations have gone well.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:25 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by bumble's angel
Did she talk for a while, or did they chat? If she was trying to rush the customer off I would be upset, but if she was trying to let the customer know where to get a better deal than good on them.

So which was it. I have always had good chats with MA's. Try not to deal with the SA's as much, but for the most part my conversations have gone well.
My impression was that maybe the customer was suffering some sticker shock and she was offering an alternative. She wasn't an MA or SA, more like a clerk/cashier at the parts and accessories desk.