Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Questions about Lug Nuts and Locking Center Cap

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Need
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about Lug Nuts and Locking Center Cap

I went and picked up my new wheels, Axis Crux 18", at a local store today. When I asked to buy 16 lug nuts in 14mm x 1.25 size, they told me they don't have them in that size. I want to use the Axis to replace the OEM crown spoke wheels when I take delivery, can I just use the OEM lug nuts instead? When I sell the crown spoke wheels, would people EXPECT the wheels to come with lug nuts? I look under the wheel selling forum and don't see too many posts mention lug nuts are included.

My other question is that the new Axis wheels come with a locking center cap on each wheel, but there is no locking screws anywhere. Do they usually come with the wheels or I have to buy those separately? I didn't look for them in the store when I pick them up, and by the time I got home it was too late to call the store. I only thing I found in the box are 4 hubcentric rings to fit the mini. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-20-2007, 08:50 PM
chpsk8
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should be able to use your old lug nuts with those rims. The only time someone would expect to get lug nuts in a sale is when the lugs are funky or not normal. I have a set of Axis Milano's on my Lexus and the lug nuts are super tiny and use a hex head key to install. Very wierd setup. When I sell those rims I'll have to sell it with the lug nuts.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Need
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chpsk8
You should be able to use your old lug nuts with those rims. The only time someone would expect to get lug nuts in a sale is when the lugs are funky or not normal. I have a set of Axis Milano's on my Lexus and the lug nuts are super tiny and use a hex head key to install. Very wierd setup. When I sell those rims I'll have to sell it with the lug nuts.
Great, thanks! I emailed Axis about the screw for the center cap. They told me it is just a regular philip screw. I still found it strange that they give you the cap but not the screw for it. I am trying to look for an aftermarket screw for it. So far all the ones I found are 8mm screws. I found a screw in the garage that will fit and it is closer to 3mm or 3/16". So far, I have no luck finding a matching locking screw for it.