Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Anyone using Konig Supermesh?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:37 PM
littlehandegan
Coordinator :: Low Country MINIs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
you can get them here for $430 shipped (400 if you want 15s)

http://www.jlbmotorsports.com/rims/konig-list.html

I'm gonna guess Minihune is close on the weight....some people on the honda forums are quoting around 18lbs for the 16 inch wheels

The ones in that link are not the Spun Supermesh Wheels....the price is a tid bit diffrent

Old 09-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
spun supermesh.....konig supermesh.....no difference

Old 09-03-2007, 01:43 PM
littlehandegan
Coordinator :: Low Country MINIs
So it still looks the same>?

Old 09-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
I'm pretty sure they're the same thing.....

just search for the names on ebay and check it out for yourself. I could be wrong...they just look so similar, come in the exact same colors (including neon pink and neon green which is rare), and they even both have the same name. You could call jlbmotorsports....they know everything about cheap replica wheels (rota,konig,spun,drag)

konig supermesh in gold

spun supermesh in gold

Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 PM
-Vampyre-
3rd Gear
I need to call jlb and make sure they will fit an 07. They are 399 shipped for gold. Might just bit the bullet and order those and put my rf on those if they do.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:12 PM
pauliekeys
5th Gear
Yeah, you can get them from Discount tire direct and there local dealers. I went to Discount tire direct and got my price (no shipping, no sales tax) and with that price went to my local Discount tire dealer and they matched the price. I Also was able to get free mounting but paid to have them road forced balanced. I'm glad I went with the road force balance although, it was not cheap. Well worth the money IMO. Tire rack doesn't carry them. I'm kind of done with getting my tires thru Tire rack because of the hassle of having to go to a shop to have them mounted. Most shops will match there price and for me, I perfer going that route. I'm in, I'm out and don't pay for shipping .

Originally Posted by Ords
Ken, mums the word but it's usually the wife who decides for me.

I've heard about these too, but nothing comes up on Tire Rack. I know discount tire carries them and within their site they've rated well. There's a local club member who runs these, I'll ask him too. Thanks!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:00 PM
crazyaboutmini
4th Gear
i just got a word from RFIbanez (the person with the brg/w mini with the gold supermesh in the link in the 2nd post) that its around 15-16 pounds per rim. that goes with the mr-s forums saying its 14-15 pounds. sounds like a plus to me because i would really sport these.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:27 PM
-Vampyre-
3rd Gear
Hmmm maybe I can go to discount tire and see if they will get some a let me test fit. I am just worried about the 07 brakes. I know most 15 and even some 16 won't fit.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Dan00Hawk
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pauliekeys
Yeah, you can get them from Discount tire direct and there local dealers. I went to Discount tire direct and got my price (no shipping, no sales tax) and with that price went to my local Discount tire dealer and they matched the price. I Also was able to get free mounting but paid to have them road forced balanced. I'm glad I went with the road force balance although, it was not cheap. Well worth the money IMO. Tire rack doesn't carry them. I'm kind of done with getting my tires thru Tire rack because of the hassle of having to go to a shop to have them mounted. Most shops will match there price and for me, I perfer going that route. I'm in, I'm out and don't pay for shipping .
Same here... I printed out the DiscountTireDirect pricing for the Nittos, and asked the local shop (Discount Tire on Aurora Ave/Ogden) to price match, and they did just that (although I paid $12/tire for mounting & balancing, and also paid sales tax). Also, buying them from the shop allows you to use their Road Hazard warranty at any Discount Tire. No shipping the damaged tire back, and wondering what to do while you're missing a tire and waiting for a new one.

I've also used Tire Rack through the years with good results and had them shipped direct to a local installer. Ultimately, it depends on which tire I end up deciding on, as opposed to which particular vendor I'm buying from.

As for the NeoGens, they've been a good performing tire in both the wet and the dry, and I'm very satisfied with my purchase after having them on the car now for a few weeks. I had the General Exclaim UHP's on my GTO, and was satisfied with those as well. IMO, both are good value-oriented performance tires.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:48 PM
pauliekeys
5th Gear
I didn't have to haggle with Discount tire store here in S.D. I told them how much the price was to my door and they matched that same price "out the door" that Discount Tire direct was offering (free mounting,no shipping cost).

I agree about "Tire Rack" having good service, I've used them in the past on several of our cars and was happy with the price and service. Asking about price matching has saved me a great deal of money. Tire Rack has always had very competitive price's. They also have some very good brands that others don't carry such as the Avons that are on my wifes 330I.

Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
Same here... I printed out the DiscountTireDirect pricing for the Nittos, and asked the local shop (Discount Tire on Aurora Ave/Ogden) to price match, and they did just that (although I paid $12/tire for mounting & balancing, and also paid sales tax). Also, buying them from the shop allows you to use their Road Hazard warranty at any Discount Tire. No shipping the damaged tire back, and wondering what to do while you're missing a tire and waiting for a new one.

I've also used Tire Rack through the years with good results and had them shipped direct to a local installer. Ultimately, it depends on which tire I end up deciding on, as opposed to which particular vendor I'm buying from.

As for the NeoGens, they've been a good performing tire in both the wet and the dry, and I'm very satisfied with my purchase after having them on the car now for a few weeks. I had the General Exclaim UHP's on my GTO, and was satisfied with those as well. IMO, both are good value-oriented performance tires.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Zillon
5th Gear
Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
I happened to be browsing through the forums and saw this topic...

I've been running the Supermesh wheels since March. They weigh right around 15 lbs, if not a little less. I was told 15.5, but if the MR2 guys weighed them at ~14-15, I have no reason to disagree, as I haven't weighed them myself.

Oh, and JLB Motorsports gets 5 thumbs up from me. I've bought 2 sets of wheels from Hikaru now, and he's treated me VERY well.

I'm actually looking to sell these and pick up another set through Hikaru... I just don't know what I want.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Jonv
3rd Gear
But for the super mesh the Hub bore is 73.1mm. would that matter? I heard the mini's was 56.1mm... please correct me im unsure

Old 09-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Jonv
But for the super mesh the Hub bore is 73.1mm. would that matter? I heard the mini's was 56.1mm... please correct me im unsure
It does matter....it means you should get a 73.1->56.1mm hubcentric ring. You could ask the people who send you the wheels or you can order them from discounttiredirect.com for cheap

Old 09-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Jonv
3rd Gear
Oh ok. cool. thanks

Old 09-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Zillon
5th Gear
Right. I run hubcentric rings on my car, I've never worried about having the centerbore dead-on.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:44 PM
sandtoast500
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love the supamesh. Gold on LY or BRG is sweet.

Or these, if they just drilled them 4x100. . .

Old 09-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Zillon
5th Gear
I'd have those wheels by now if they were drilled in 4x100.

Why wont manufacturers recognize the demand for lower-offset 4x100 wheels?

Old 09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Zillon
I'd have those wheels by now if they were drilled in 4x100.

Why wont manufacturers recognize the demand for lower-offset 4x100 wheels?
Hhahahah low offset? 35 isn't low offset Most people with MINI's would never run lower than that.

Other than that, the demand is pretty low....you've got one generation of older VW, scions, miatas, MINI's and Hondas.....those are the few 4x100's that i can think of and they all took relatively high offsets.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Zillon
5th Gear
No, low-offset would be under +20. I said lower-offset.

Demand has increased by a fair amount in the last couple years, with the old-school look coming back into fashion with quite a few of the Veedub, Scion, Honda, and Miata guys. I don't see a reason why nobody else will touch the low-offset wheel market

Sportmax is making a killing with their 002 +0 and 501 +15 wheels. Nobody else will touch the lower-offset 4x100 market unfortunately. Nobody who produces mid-range wheels at least. Yeah, you can get some BBS RM's in a low offset... but you're looking at 1500, if not more.

Right now, I'm looking for a reasonably priced set of wheels in the +15 to +20 15x8-16x8 range. Probably going to go with a set of +20 16x8 Rota RB's in the end, since that seems to be all I can find.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
No, low-offset would be under +20. I said lower-offset.
Trust me.....i know what low offset is. You're talking to someon whose rear wheels have an offset of 9 (happen to be RM's as you mentioned)

But the demand is still much lower than the rest of the market. They are slowly catching on as you mentioned....but i dont think you will ever see a wide selection.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Zillon
5th Gear
And your wheels are rather sweet.

I'd just like to see a slightly larger selection, that's all. It's difficult to be semi-original when there's only a few wheel styles that come in a low offset, fit my car, and are available for a reasonable price out there

Old 09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
And your wheels are rather sweet.

I'd just like to see a slightly larger selection, that's all. It's difficult to be semi-original when there's only a few wheel styles that come in a low offset, fit my car, and are available for a reasonable price out there
Oh I'm right there with ya.......4x100 sucks for selection:impatient

What price range are you looking at being in? I would love to see you get 16x8...after all my different sized wheels....i think 16x8 et20 is right up there with one of the perfect sizes for our car. I posted these somewhere else....but this is a pretty sweet set, and they are the cheaper brand that you were talking about: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3392231

Last edited by Rally@StanceDesign; 09-10-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Zillon
5th Gear
Probably around 600-700 or so. I'm just a poor college student masquerading as a wheel *****.

Those wheels you posted are on my list for consideration right now - I've had a set priced out for about a month now. They are pretty sweet though.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:31 PM
-Vampyre-
3rd Gear
I talked with the guy from m|u and he isn't sure if the 16" will fot over r56 brakes. He sayd they barely fit over his 06. May still see if I can try and discount tire. Ughh I really want those in 16's on my car.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Probably around 600-700 or so. I'm just a poor college student masquerading as a wheel *****. .

Hehehe it's rough isnt it? Those two don't go well together...i just graduated which doesnt help:impatient

The ones i posted are pretty cool, and the rota RB's are sick too.

These are worth looking at as well

Axis oldskool (replica of the work equips)
Various colors....15x8....like 175 a piece (could maybe find cheaper?)...nice lip

Axis OG
a little thinner at 15x7 but cool style. 165 a piece in gunmetal red or gold centers

Quick Reply: Anyone using Konig Supermesh?