Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Show me your WHEELS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 07:45 PM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Gunmetal is by far the easiest to keep since the brake dust completely blends in with it. Some people have better things to do than clean their wheels daily.

White wheels have never looked good in my eyes. They always look like they're made of plastic (IMHO of course).

I bought my Tenzo's from Element Wheels, but Discount Tire is good also. You may have issues finding any Tenzo's in 18" in our bolt pattern, so your choice of vendor may be severely limited.

I called Tenzo directly and was told that they just aren't making many 18's in 4x100 because most people with 4x100 go with a smaller wheel. I only found one set of DC5s in the entire country in that size :(

Old 07-02-2009, 02:53 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha !!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... some people don't mind spending a little time detailing their cars, and still find plenty of time to "motor". Just because you can't, don't judge, huh ?

Old 07-02-2009, 03:35 AM
mini_macky
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
17" TE37 in 17x7.5 +40 offset. had the paint guy closely match the magnesium blue color of Rays

Name:  FromCanonCamera014.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  FromCanonCamera015.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  45.0 KB

pardon the rust on the bearing nut

Old 07-02-2009, 05:50 AM
OJC721
1st Gear
Thanks guys

I was on the store yesterday and we presented the wheel I like!! Not buy yet.

Attachment 42724

Last edited by OJC721; 04-19-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:17 AM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr
Gunmetal is by far the easiest to keep since the brake dust completely blends in with it. Some people have better things to do than clean their wheels daily.

White wheels have never looked good in my eyes. They always look like they're made of plastic (IMHO of course).
I have white wheels and they look great. But given that you picked gunmetal gray so you won't have to clean your wheels of brake dust, I'll take the "plastic" judgment with a grain of salt.

I'm sure your wheels will be lovely once the brake dust has heat bonded permanently with the paint on your wheels.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB

Sweet ground clearance

Old 07-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Mach V Dan
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mini_macky
17" TE37 in 17x7.5 +40 offset. had the paint guy closely match the magnesium blue color of Rays
I don't get it. What did the paint guy paint?

--Dan
Mach V

Old 07-02-2009, 07:34 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
Sweet ground clearance
A full inch less than an R-56, right ??

Old 07-02-2009, 07:46 AM
got.pho?
4th Gear
Im guessing his paint guy painted them mag blue instead of getting them in mag blue?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
^ Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha !!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... some people don't mind spending a little time detailing their cars, and still find plenty of time to "motor". Just because you can't, don't judge, huh ?
I'm not judging. Like I said, I've had white wheels in the past, I know how much work it takes to keep them clean. Not everyone has time to clean their wheels more than once a week (or even once a week).

Originally Posted by RaceTripper
I have white wheels and they look great. But given that you picked gunmetal gray so you won't have to clean your wheels of brake dust, I'll take the "plastic" judgment with a grain of salt.

I'm sure your wheels will be lovely once the brake dust has heat bonded permanently with the paint on your wheels.
Who said anything about me not cleaning my wheels? And mine are bronze, and they don't look terrible less than a day after I've cleaned them due to brake dust. White wheels do, and people should know it before they buy them.

Christ, you give your opinion and you're berated for it.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:59 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
I'm not judging. Like I said, I've had white wheels in the past, I know how much work it takes to keep them clean. Not everyone has time to clean their wheels more than once a week (or even once a week).

Who said anything about me not cleaning my wheels? And mine are bronze, and they don't look terrible less than a day after I've cleaned them due to brake dust. White wheels do, and people should know it before they buy them.

Christ, you give your opinion and you're berated for it.
Sure you were judging... you said, "Some people have better things to do than clean their wheels daily."

Are you trying to deny you implied "some people" have nothing better to do than to clean their wheels daily ? And that cleaning wheels daily is a bad thing ?

Yeah, white wheels will show the brake dust more. But it's a personal decision whether it's a good trade off to spend time cleaning wheels more often to get the appearance you're looking for. Whether that decision is smart to you or not... who cares, judger ?

And yeah, when you say someone's wheels look plastic and they spend too much time cleaning, expect to get berated. Know when to keep your thoughts to yourself... Like I'm going to do about gunmetal wheels.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:24 AM
old81
M6
We need more wheel pictures and less grousing about wheels. We all love our own for reasons we only know most of the time.

Here is a little picture of my latest purchased from a fellow NAM member.

A stack of 09 JCW Challenge wheels with new Nitto Neo Gen in 215/45/17 for my 07 MCSa.

Don

Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 PM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Sure you were judging... you said, "Some people have better things to do than clean their wheels daily."

Are you trying to deny you implied "some people" have nothing better to do than to clean their wheels daily ? And that cleaning wheels daily is a bad thing ?

And yeah, when you say someone's wheels look plastic and they spend too much time cleaning, expect to get berated. Know when to keep your thoughts to yourself... Like I'm going to do about gunmetal wheels.
Some people do have better things to do than constantly clean their wheels. Some people don't have the time to do it, that's all I meant. So why not choose a color that hides the brake dust instead of choosing one that makes it stand out even more?

My opinion is that white wheels make the car look like a toy, and I stand by it. I was unaware that sharing our opinions on style is discouraged if it might disagree with other people's decisions. That's what forums are for. That's the big problem with this forum, nobody disagrees with anybody. If you like your white wheels, good for you. I don't.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:07 PM
ALTA_Jarid
5th Gear
OK I want to play! Here is my Clubman with a set of R57 wheels. Nice eh??

Old 07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
My opinion is that white wheels make the car look like a toy, and I stand by it. I was unaware that sharing our opinions on style is discouraged if it might disagree with other people's decisions. That's what forums are for. That's the big problem with this forum, nobody disagrees with anybody. If you like your white wheels, good for you. I don't.
My plastic wheels really don't take that much time to clean. I also use low dust pads and the wheels can really collect a quite a bit before you even notice. They really only get messy looking after rain, but they wipe up easily enough.

I guess WRC cars look like toys.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:50 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Some people do have better things to do than constantly clean their wheels. Some people don't have the time to do it, that's all I meant. So why not choose a color that hides the brake dust instead of choosing one that makes it stand out even more?

You're sounding more foolish the more you talk.

I don't constantly clean my wheels. A few minutes every few days has kept them looking gorgeous. I have low-dust Hawk pads on that MINI and I have a commute that requires me to hit my brakes only a few times each way.

Why not choose wheel color that hides the dust better ? Because I think the white wheels compliment my MINI beautifully. And if it requires a little extra care, it's worth it to me ? Okay with you ???

If you select a wheel purely, or even primarily, because it hides the dust and not because you like it, some might think you're the one sacrificing, huh ?

And by the way, I've never received so many compliments on my CR MINI as I have this past week.

Last edited by CR&PW&JB; 07-02-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
You're sounding more foolish the more you talk.
Nah, he's really not.

He stated his opinion. You stated yours. Why is this continuing? You like different things....no big deal.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:05 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
Nah, he's really not.

He stated his opinion. You stated yours. Why is this continuing? You like different things....no big deal.
uhhhhhhh... yeah, he IS.

I'm not the one telling people they made a poor choice.

And you have an axe to grind with me, it appears. Did I really get on your last nerve with that comment on the R56 ?

Old 07-02-2009, 03:17 PM
CrazyIvan
3rd Gear
How about less B@@@@in and more pictures of wheels prefferible on a CR\W

Old 07-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor

And you have an axe to grind with me, it appears. Did I really get on your last nerve with that comment on the R56 ?
I have no axe to grind. I had fun with our original r56 discussion and I was simply joking with you about the clearance today since we previously joked about it.

Now I just nicely asked that you guys stop squabbling so we could see more pictures of wheels rather than watch a "I like white. I like gunmetal" argument.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:55 PM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
barvo PB&J, BARVO I say

Old 07-02-2009, 07:03 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by PGT
barvo PB&J, BARVO I say
Well, there's the board's biggest.... uhhhh... instigator.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:08 PM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, there's the board's biggest.... uhhhh... instigator.
meh. I had nothing to do with your little temper-tantrum this time.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:10 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by PGT
meh. I had nothing to do with your little temper-tantrum this time.
You call THAT a temper tantrum ? Your reading comprehension skills are about as sharp as you are.

And just like you to show up in a thread to try to stir up crap. I'll just ignore you from now on, since you really are a waste of time.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:14 PM
rwwilsonjr
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by old81
We need more wheel pictures and less grousing about wheels. We all love our own for reasons we only know most of the time.

Here is a little picture of my latest purchased from a fellow NAM member.

A stack of 09 JCW Challenge wheels with new Nitto Neo Gen in 215/45/17 for my 07 MCSa.

Don
Cool...how about a pic once you have them mounted?

Quick Reply: Show me your WHEELS!