Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Show me your WHEELS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 04:11 PM
fdavid
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so how about the Hamann Hm4's 17". Trying to find where to buy them.
any links?
thanks.

Old 09-25-2005, 04:16 PM
VoiD
6th Gear
Originally Posted by fdavid
Ok so how about the Hamann Hm4's 17". Trying to find where to buy them.
any links?
thanks.
mini mania or bavarian autosport

Old 09-25-2005, 04:30 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
.......detailz.....

Do0d! excellent art work, this is the best description on how this is suposse to look on the front fascia!!
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
I wonder how much downforce you will get with that. I have talked to randy and peter about the supports, and they both believe that they need to look like " \ .............. / " in order for it to give any sort of proper support neccesary to actually hold the splitter in place during high speed runs.

Old 09-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Blakc
2nd Gear
Just installed Black Rota Slipstreams w/ BF G KDW2's

They are 16x7 et45 Rota Slipstreams with 225/45 BF Goodrich KDW 2. I used 3mm wheel spacers to clear wilwood bbk. I plan to do suspension next but there are no rubbing issues as of now with plenty of room in the inside and outside.

Name:  blackwheel.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  100.5 KB

Old 09-26-2005, 08:53 PM
zerofighter
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Blakc
They are 16x7 et45 Rota Slipstreams with 225/45 BF Goodrich KDW 2. I used 3mm wheel spacers to clear wilwood bbk. I plan to do suspension next but there are no rubbing issues as of now with plenty of room in the inside and outside.

Looks good, how much and where did you get the rotas if you don't mind me asking?

Old 09-26-2005, 08:57 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
if u get any rubbin' jus get rid of some of ur tyre bulge!

****where did u get the 3mm spacers??

Old 09-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Thameth
5th Gear
Here's my MCS wearing my autocross setup:

16x7 RotaSlipstreams 40mm offset Falken Azenis 215-45-16 in Full Royal Sports Bronze (custom ordered)

I also have a set of Rota Grids in the same Color which i'll post later once i swap them back later today.

Attached Thumbnails Show me your WHEELS!-img_0106.jpg   Show me your WHEELS!-img_0108.jpg   Show me your WHEELS!-img_0112.jpg  
Old 09-27-2005, 06:12 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks great on PW. Is that the small willwood kit? How do you like it?

Old 09-27-2005, 06:15 AM
Blakc
2nd Gear
Black rotas

Slipstreams with mini center bore were 500 shipped through www.machiii.net They came to me in DE from CA inless than a week. I got the 3 mm spacers through pilo racing. Rubbing really shouldnt be an issue and I'm not afraid to grab the dremel if need be. With these tires, the car is a completely different animal, nothing but grip.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Thameth
5th Gear
Looks great on PW. Is that the small willwood kit? How do you like it?
Thats the 11.75 Race Kit from TCE. I only just installed it this saturday (day before that picture), I'm having issue's bleeding the brakes but its not the Wilwoods fault its the MINI's, its just a pain in the ****!

The Brakes feel great so far, can't wait to get the brakes bled correctly.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Thameth
5th Gear
Slipstreams with mini center bore were 500 shipped through www.machiii.net They came to me in DE from CA inless than a week. I got the 3 mm spacers through pilo racing. Rubbing really shouldnt be an issue and I'm not afraid to grab the dremel if need be. With these tires, the car is a completely different animal, nothing but grip.
When i don't need a custom order i also buy my Rota's from Machiii.net.

Old 09-27-2005, 10:20 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
know what U mean!!

........sticky rubber brutally changes the feel of the ride!

U allmost have to get reacquainted w/ur new boundaries

Old 09-27-2005, 11:25 PM
si_power
2nd Gear

are those rims replica of spoon, aren't they made for hondas?

Old 09-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Blakc
2nd Gear
spoon wheels

They are indeed replicas available in 40 or 45 et. Very good quality replicas at a fraction of the cost. The slipstream has been around for a while now and is one of the lightest wheels you can get for the money. Honda wheel or not, it's cheap, light and looks good.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:45 AM
J0kER
6th Gear
yea u can say that, any 4x100 is typically a honda wheel........
Originally Posted by si_power
are those rims replica of spoon, aren't they made for hondas?

Old 09-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Thameth
5th Gear
Originally Posted by joker
yea u can say that, any 4x100 is typically a honda wheel........

Exactly.... plus i don't see a Honda stamp anywhere on my Slipstreams so i don't see any reason they're only meant for Honda's.....

Old 09-28-2005, 12:55 PM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
They look great Thameth!

I don’t see any type 4 X 100 classified to any type car. Hondas have been around for years – new MINIs have not. Maybe in another 10 years people will be saying “you want to get the whatever wheel because it’s made for the MINI”, instead of these people saying “your just buying a Honda wheel”.

Who cares what car it fits? Buy what you like!!!

Old 09-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sndwave
They look great Thameth!

I don’t see any type 4 X 100 classified to any type car. Hondas have been around for years – new MINIs have not. Maybe in another 10 years people will be saying “you want to get the whatever wheel because it’s made for the MINI”, instead of these people saying “your just buying a Honda wheel”.

Who cares what car it fits? Buy what you like!!!
Uh, guys, i think you are all just misunderstanding what the guy said. He asked if they were spoon replicas (which they are). Spoon is an aftermarket company who HEAVILY focuses on Honda Tuning. And those are the wheels they developed for their hondas. That is all he was saying. And its true, its designed to look like a honda wheel. And that particular honda wheel has a GREAT design (which looks great on the above minis) . So calling it a honda wheel is in no way an insult or put-down. (you will notice the original poster used to be a honda owner....i doubt he meant it as an insult )

check it out....a nice honda race car with great wheels. Nothing wrong with that

Old 09-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Skiploder
Banned
Uh, guys, i think you are all just misunderstanding what the guy said. He asked if they were spoon replicas (which they are). Spoon is an aftermarket company who HEAVILY focuses on Honda Tuning. And those are the wheels they developed for their hondas. That is all he was saying. And its true, its designed to look like a honda wheel. And that particular honda wheel has a GREAT design (which looks great on the above minis) . So calling it a honda wheel is in no way an insult or put-down. (you will notice the original poster used to be a honda owner....i doubt he meant it as an insult )

check it out....a nice honda race car with great wheels. Nothing wrong with that

Nothing wrong at all.

I have black Rota Slipstreams. I will readily admit that they are a Spoon SW-388 knock-off and SW-388s are most commonly seen on Hondas and Acuras.

They are well made, inexpensive and relatively light. That still does not change the fact that they are a knock-off of a racing wheel essentially associated with the Big H.

There are alot of people on this site that bash Honda/Acura and will undoubtably be put off by this association - oh well, their loss.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:20 AM
xizor
4th Gear
Spoon is an aftermarket company who HEAVILY focuses on Honda Tuning.
Spoon only makes Honda parts AFAIK, their site doesn't list any other cars. They are the Mugen of Honda Racing.

Originally Posted by Skiploder
There are alot of people on this site that bash Honda/Acura and will undoubtably be put off by this association - oh well, their loss.
to some knowledgable posters

Old 09-29-2005, 11:09 AM
VoiD
6th Gear
Originally Posted by xizor
Spoon only makes Honda parts AFAIK, their site doesn't list any other cars. They are the Mugen of Honda Racing.

well they make stuff for Acura too

Old 09-29-2005, 12:27 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
*****thaaaaankk yoooouuuu!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2005, 12:29 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
:smile:
Originally Posted by xizor

Old 09-29-2005, 12:40 PM
JeffS
5th Gear
Since you guys insist on derailing the thread, the least you could do is get your facts straight. The Desmond Regamaster wheel predates the Spoon SW-388. As you probably know, The SW-388 is made by Desmond and is an exact replica of the regamaster, only in black. My point is, that your argument that it's a "honda wheel" because Spoon sells one version is a flawed argument. It's a "honda wheel" because half the red hatchbacks rolling around out there seem to have a set of black rota slipstreams on them.

Personally, I hate the style. I've hated the style since before Rota created their knockoff. That said, it's a very durable design. There have been numerous problems with thin-spoke cast wheels in high-stress situations (on-track) - an example being the Circuit8/Helium, but I've never heard or seen any problems with the slipstream.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:54 PM
xizor
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JeffS
It's a "honda wheel" because half the red hatchbacks rolling around out there seem to have a set of black rota slipstreams on them.
Do you think 99% of red hatchback owners have $$ to spend on a real set? They also have fake Mungen knockoffs etc.

Its the same how Prodrive is associated with Subaru, Hamann BMW, its Spoon and Honda, what's so hard to get

Quick Reply: Show me your WHEELS!