Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Show me your WHEELS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 10:38 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why are you always negative, always opposed to people, if you think it is cool, no way buddy, you are irritating. Let me tell you something, I get enough performance to keep up with lot of big boys on my 18s, it is the heart, not the machine. So move on and leave people alone, how many times do I have to say:

to each his own.....

and if you want to carry this on, please send pms, because you are jacking this thread, it is going sideways

Originally Posted by XAlfa
I'll give you "looks", but "performance"?

Old 12-17-2005, 11:09 PM
weezer2282
5th Gear
I really don't understand why RALLYMINI and I are being called haters. All we have said is that we don't like the way larger rims look on MINIs. That is my opinion. Others have said they don't like the way smaller rims look and that is their opinion. Now there really is no need for people calling each other haters.

15s would be perfectly fine for daily driving. The Cooper comes standard with 15s and I've actually driven one. They aren't that bad at all. You might even get quicker acceleration, a better ride, and not have to worry about scraping your rims up.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:11 PM
weezer2282
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
an MCS with 15s, 205/50 tires, and coils. Doesnt have a problem driving it on the street or track. And notice...the skirts are actually low to the ground, and at the same level as the wheels.

I think that's a sweet lookin ride.Those are BBS rims right?

Old 12-17-2005, 11:14 PM
weezer2282
5th Gear

My white 16s.:gri n:

Old 12-18-2005, 03:21 AM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini
why are you always negative, always opposed to people, if you think it is cool, no way buddy, you are irritating. Let me tell you something, I get enough performance to keep up with lot of big boys on my 18s, it is the heart, not the machine. So move on and leave people alone, how many times do I have to say:

to each his own.....

and if you want to carry this on, please send pms, because you are jacking this thread, it is going sideways
To each his own is right. I'm with you (and I'm movin to Texas soon! (6 months?))

Old 12-18-2005, 07:58 AM
rl48mini
2nd Gear
Yes, the 15" wheels on the Euro Styles East ride are BBS. They recently sold them. Don't know what they're going with now.

Old 12-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
look I think you will need at least 16s for the street to get good performace, please keep in mind, those autocross tires on 15" wheels are different, or at least should be different. Unlike everyone says, for street driving 17 and 18s are fine as far as the looks and performance is concerned. If you are thinking of running low profile tires on 15s, now that is a suicide, just trying to understand your deal on 15s, man, does not make sense to me.

About the Vdubs, been there, done that, i agree with you, they look better with big rims.
You seem to think that me and weezer are making some big deal or something. But you seem to be the only one bothered by us. I dont have the same taste as you. That doesnt mean you are wrong by anymeans.

Some help for everyone to understand 15's:

Performance:
-You are able to run smaller diameter tires which help with gearing (kills top speed but helps acceleration). It also lowers center of gravity. And last but certainly not least, it keeps ths sidewall short which helps with handling. The one con of running 15s is that the sidewall is super tall with stock sized tires, but you can keep low-profile tires on there.

-weight: many times they weigh way less than bigger wheels. The weight is also distributed much closer to the center of the wheel which helps with acceleration.

I have had aftermarket 15s,16s,and 17s. And i can tell you the performance was best for my driving with the 15s. Granted i AM driving on low-pro high-performance summer tires....but they CERTAINLY dont hinder daily driving.

Of course to each his own....thats what I have been saying. You voiced your opinion, i voiced my opinion. Neither of us are right. So how am I the one being targeted as the hater?

Old 12-18-2005, 09:44 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The MINITOR
...and I think that 16's belong on a lawn mower.
and i think 19's belongs on my G35C. ur car looks good. you're not
going to mod your MC?

Old 12-18-2005, 09:49 AM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear

i think i had enough of this, everybody is right, that is my last statement

ken,

and 20s belong my truck, how about them apples buddy????

Old 12-18-2005, 09:50 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
so berky, how do you like your Proxes? any recommendations or suggestions
for those 18's for future reference?

Old 12-18-2005, 09:54 AM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
yesterday was the real test for the tires, it was raining and i was on the highway cruising 80-85, perfect grip, and last night me and my wife went on a late night spirited drive, wet roads, excellent grip, the only thing that comes to my mind that is negative is the noise, it is not quite. Overall, for the price, I like them.

Originally Posted by kenchan
so berky, how do you like your Proxes? any recommendations or suggestions
for those 18's for future reference?

Old 12-18-2005, 10:25 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
yesterday was the real test for the tires, it was raining and i was on the highway cruising 80-85, perfect grip, and last night me and my wife went on a late night spirited drive, wet roads, excellent grip, the only thing that comes to my mind that is negative is the noise, it is not quite. Overall, for the price, I like them.
cool! well, noise is just part of performance oriented tires so no biggie
right? my tires are pretty noisy and so are the factory SP9000DSST's.

wish those ASA mesh17's tirerack sells were in athrasite/gunmetal color like
the Flik and not just a plain ol' gloss black. mesh type wheels look good
on the MCS.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:55 AM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kenchan
and i think 19's belongs on my G35C. ur car looks good. you're not
going to mod your MC?
Thanks. I have done a few things to the MC - exhaust, intake, and a lot of cosmetic mods. But sadly it has to be sold to pay for the MCS.

Its embarassing to look back and see how other peoples negative opinions got under my skin and made me respond in the same childish way. I would love to just delete my lawnmower comment, but that wouldnt be fair (I was trying to be funny anyways). If other people kept their negative opinions to themselves then this wouldnt be a problem, but I should have been the bigger man and let the negative ones look bad without joining them.

Maybe I will put square wheels on my car. That would really get peoples panties in a bundle. Or maybe triangles.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:09 AM
weezer2282
5th Gear
Thanks. I have done a few things to the MC - exhaust, intake, and a lot of cosmetic mods. But sadly it has to be sold to pay for the MCS.

Its embarassing to look back and see how other peoples negative opinions got under my skin and made me respond in the same childish way. I would love to just delete my lawnmower comment, but that wouldnt be fair (I was trying to be funny anyways). If other people kept their negative opinions to themselves then this wouldnt be a problem, but I should have been the bigger man and let the negative ones look bad without joining them.

Maybe I will put square wheels on my car. That would really get peoples panties in a bundle. Or maybe triangles.
My comment about anything bigger than 17s belonging on trucks was a joke in response to your lawnmower comment.It's amazing how riled up people get here.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:23 AM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
My comment about anything bigger than 17s belonging on trucks was a joke in response to your lawnmower comment.It's amazing how riled up people get here.
And that was in response to this one:

Originally Posted by Vento9
Oh and 19's are a bit big for a Mini.
See how one negative comment, especially pointed at a proud MINI owner, can make everyone argue instead of being nice and productive. One rotten egg spoils the whole bunch. Haters stay home. Unless you are at home and that is why you are on NAM. Whatever.

You should see what happens when someone says something mean about one of my dogs. Especially my 3-legged 3 pound chihuahua named Monster. Daddy's little girl. Then I get riled up.

Alright, I am officially out of this thread too. To much bitchin, not enough wheels.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:43 AM
pauliekeys
5th Gear
Just to get things back on track so I can see some cool wheels, here is a picture of my s lites (ha,ha).

Attached Thumbnails Show me your WHEELS!-mvc-005f.jpg  
Old 12-18-2005, 12:07 PM
fj0
5th Gear
I think the 19" look good on your ride, not that 18" would look small but the 19" on the Oriciari kit suits much better then if it would've been stock.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:14 PM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
Originally Posted by fj0
I think the 19" look good on your ride, not that 18" would look small but the 19" on the Oriciari kit suits much better then if it would've been stock.
Thanks. Agreed. I have seen a few with 19's and it did look a little off, but am happy with mine, thanks to those crazy Italians who make the Orciari.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks. Agreed. I have seen a few with 19's and it did look a little off, but am happy with mine, thanks to those crazy Italians who make the Orciari.

Definitely. The Orciari screams for wheels like that. Looks good

Old 12-18-2005, 03:09 PM
///ACS330Ci
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pauliekeys
Just to get things back on track so I can see some cool wheels, here is a picture of my s lites (ha,ha).

Old 12-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Vento9
3rd Gear
...and I think that 16's belong on a lawn mower.
The response I was expecting.

Old 12-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Vento9
3rd Gear
And that was in response to this one:

See how one negative comment, especially pointed at a proud MINI owner, can make everyone argue instead of being nice and productive. One rotten egg spoils the whole bunch. Haters stay home. Unless you are at home and that is why you are on NAM. Whatever.

You should see what happens when someone says something mean about one of my dogs. Especially my 3-legged 3 pound chihuahua named Monster. Daddy's little girl. Then I get riled up.

Alright, I am officially out of this thread too. To much bitchin, not enough wheels.
Rotten egg? hahaa. My opinion is a negative comment, interesting. Sorry to "rile" everyone up, I know how easily feelings are hurt. Why are you worried about what I say? I don't like the body kit on you're car, does that make you mad. Well it shouldn't. Do you mod you're car to please others? I hope not.

Don't shead a tear because I have other ideas then you. I know it's a difficult concept to grasp but people do have different vues on things. Don't take it so personal, this is supposed to be all out of fun. Isn't that why we do this in the first place?

Old 12-18-2005, 08:45 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
and a bad tire size selection, 205/15/15s??? check this out:

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCal...?action=submit

compare 205/45/17s to 205/50/15s, you will see how much off it is

Originally Posted by weezer2282
I think that's a sweet lookin ride.Those are BBS rims right?

Old 12-18-2005, 09:00 PM
XAlfa
Banned
Old 12-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Vento9
3rd Gear
Some wheels my style.

Quick Reply: Show me your WHEELS!