Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Show me your WHEELS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:15 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wat do u like about them??

Originally Posted by RallyMINI
are you sponsored by alta, helix, and autometer?

I like the wheels
are u bustin' he's ***** or jus wonderin'?

Old 01-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by joker
are u bustin' he's ***** or jus wonderin'?
just curious, as always.

I always liked the double-spoke 5-spoke look, especially in a fake 3 piece look. And I'm still a fan of black with polished lips

....although not a huge fan of the company tenzo.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:55 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
fair enough.....

hey rally check da gallery do ya like MINIlites?
just curious, as always.

I always liked the double-spoke 5-spoke look, especially in a fake 3 piece look. And I'm still a fan of black with polished lips

....although not a huge fan of the company tenzo.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
hey rally check da gallery do ya like MINIlites?
hmmmm...

I really like the 15s. The 16s are doable, but i dont know how i feel about their 17 inch versions. I feel like there are better options if you want that look in 17s. The RH s-lite look a likes seem to achieve the mini-lite look pretty well.

The smoors, are the best 8 spoke in my opinion. Mini-lites and konig rewinds are second. Panasports are 4th, and s-lites are 5th. (there are probably lots that i dont know of that may be included somewhere in that ranking)

I REALLY REALLY REALLY Want to find a way to import smoor wheels though...i would die for them

Old 01-07-2006, 04:54 AM
Poderes1
2nd Gear
are you sponsored by alta, helix, and autometer?

I like the wheels
Thanks Rally. Do I have to be sponsored in order to put product labels on my Mini lol? You are one of a few people that have asked me that same question

Old 01-07-2006, 12:32 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
fair enough....

if i were to buy a RH wheel i wouldnt buy the S look a likes, theres much nicer styles i would go for in that designer ( RH )
i dont know if i'd die for em ( smoors ) but do feel ya on that!! they look like a boyd coddington wheel i use on my impala
?!really!? i cant say i would put both da MINIlites and Konigs in the same category
?panasports? hmm, i have no clue! all the ones i've seen in person dont seem to have a NiCE finish on them so they dont have a real long shelf life/dont wear real well. imho
plus the mountin' holes dont hold up, these MINIlites i have, have a steel insert in them so no chance in distortin' the mountin' holes there..
i got these cuz the spokes stick way out past the lip it makes da MINI look fatter/wider when sportin' a lowered stance, plus u can fit a helluva BBK on these....i saw them a couple years ago & loved them, also they dont use a centerin' ring big plus in my book!!
hmmmm...

I really like the 15s. The 16s are doable, but i dont know how i feel about their 17 inch versions. I feel like there are better options if you want that look in 17s. The RH s-lite look a likes seem to achieve the mini-lite look pretty well.

The smoors, are the best 8 spoke in my opinion. Mini-lites and konig rewinds are second. Panasports are 4th, and s-lites are 5th. (there are probably lots that i dont know of that may be included somewhere in that ranking)

I REALLY REALLY REALLY Want to find a way to import smoor wheels though...i would die for them

Old 01-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Poderes1
Thanks Rally. Do I have to be sponsored in order to put product labels on my Mini lol? You are one of a few people that have asked me that same question

Well since you asked...I believe the answer is "You can do whatever you feel like " Luckily there are no rules that keep you from modding your car....you bought it yourself, you mod it yourself.

Now when it comes to my opinion? The answer is, why put the decals if you aren't being paid to have them there? I, myself, prefer a uncluttered and clean look to my mini, so variously colored decals made by companies detracts from the style that i want to achieve. My car is what it is (a weekend track-day, but mainly daily driven car)...I dont attempt to make it seem like anything more.

Having company logos on a car started because a car owner was being given parts by that company and in return that company wanted advertising while the car was racing on the track. It has become fairly popular in the japanese import crowd (and a little in others) to put up logos even if they arent sponsored mainly because they feel that it makes them look like race cars and allows them to show to everyone that the car has been modified. I personally feel no need to state that my car has been modded with decals, i can show people when i get on the track. But i can understand why people would want to...it's a cool look when done right :smilie:

So...long story short, do what you want and smile about it It's your car, enjoy it

Old 01-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
if i were to buy a RH wheel i wouldnt buy the S look a likes, theres much nicer styles i would go for in that designer ( RH )
i dont know if i'd die for em ( smoors ) but do feel ya on that!! they look like a boyd coddington wheel i use on my impala
?!really!? i cant say i would put both da MINIlites and Konigs in the same category
?panasports? hmm, i have no clue! all the ones i've seen in person dont seem to have a NiCE finish on them so they dont have a real long shelf life/dont wear real well. imho
plus the mountin' holes dont hold up, these MINIlites i have, have a steel insert in them so no chance in distortin' the mountin' holes there..
i got these cuz the spokes stick way out past the lip it makes da MINI look fatter/wider when sportin' a lowered stance, plus u can fit a helluva BBK on these....i saw them a couple years ago & loved them, also they dont use a centerin' ring big plus in my book!!

I would love to see real pics of the minilites you speak of...sound cool with the fat spokes. The wider stance looks so good on the already wide mini. Thats part of the reason i like the konigs, they stick out very nicely and have a subtle lip

I would definitely put konig and minilite in the same. I think they are both spot on with the styling of the older cars, and both offer lightweight wheels. The konigs have a nice lip, and the quality is great for the price. And the minilites are tried and true to the mini.

I agree with you on RH, but only mentioned them because you were talking about 8 spoke wheels. Some of the other RH wheels are absolutely amazing, and i would choose them over the 8 spoke design any day.

I actually just emailed someone about importing a set of smoors for me...so we shall see how that goes

EDIT: i never saw the actual picture in your gallery, only the pic of them on the silver car. Now that i see them in your house from random angles, they look good....very nice.

Old 01-07-2006, 02:54 PM
hamann
3rd Gear
19 hre

Old 01-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Passat774
5th Gear
WoW ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WoW

Can I clean them for you when they get dirty?

Old 01-07-2006, 06:38 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOWza, especially how dinky the brakes look now!

seriously, you need a tce rear brake disc conversion to fill that gap!

awesome wheel by the way

Old 01-07-2006, 08:55 PM
XAlfa
Banned
Originally Posted by kyriian
WOWza, especially how dinky the brakes look now!

seriously, you need a tce rear brake disc conversion to fill that gap!
Yeah, and by the way, that purse really doesn't work with those shoes...

Old 01-07-2006, 09:15 PM
hamann
3rd Gear
is this better?

Old 01-07-2006, 09:20 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
cooool

Old 01-08-2006, 11:18 AM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
Hamaan, it appears your car is the cleanest of all time.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:41 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
thx. d0oD!

yea the random angles tell the story
EDIT: i never saw the actual picture in your gallery, only the pic of them on the silver car. Now that i see them in your house from random angles, they look good....very nice.

hey, lmk about the SM00Rs
JCW Driver, sure l00ks that way huh!? clean but aggressive

Old 01-08-2006, 02:51 PM
VoiD
6th Gear
Originally Posted by hamann
is this better?
That's a HUGE wheel..

Old 01-08-2006, 09:00 PM
hamann
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JCW Driver
Hamaan, it appears your car is the cleanest of all time.
thanks jcw driver i try .

Old 01-09-2006, 12:05 AM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
Is it just me or does this thread often have 1-2 pics per page of text?

Old 01-09-2006, 09:19 AM
PoonRacing
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
how about some GOLD

Old 01-09-2006, 09:27 AM
blalor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PoonRacing
Size? Brand?

Old 01-09-2006, 09:28 AM
MiniMargie
4th Gear
meh

Old 01-09-2006, 10:02 AM
PoonRacing
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by blalor
Size? Brand?
They Are Enkei EV05 17x7 with 215/40/17

Old 01-09-2006, 11:53 AM
blalor
6th Gear
I started going through and tagging the images of wheels on cars on del.icio.us: http://del.icio.us/blalor/nam+wheels

From the related tags section, you can see various NAM users, wheel brands, wheel models, wheel sizes, and tire sizes. Not every post has all the information, so I've done the best I can. So far, I've only done about 5 pages, and will continue to do more as I have time.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Thameth
5th Gear
Originally Posted by blalor
I started going through and tagging the images of wheels on cars on del.icio.us: http://del.icio.us/blalor/nam+wheels

From the related tags section, you can see various NAM users, wheel brands, wheel models, wheel sizes, and tire sizes. Not every post has all the information, so I've done the best I can. So far, I've only done about 5 pages, and will continue to do more as I have time.
Kool, but i can't seem to find my Rota Slipstreams on that list and they're in this thread..... Still working on it? I know its a crapload of work.

Quick Reply: Show me your WHEELS!