Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Alignment...should I?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:34 AM
sterfsky
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment...should I?

I am putting new snow tires (and rims) on my 2005 MCS that has about 21,000 miles on. Both rear wheel bearings were replaced about two months ago and there is what I believe...cupping on the rear tires. I wasn't sure if I should take the car in to have the alignment done when I put these new snow tires on or not. Seems to have those wheel bearings replaced and the wear on the tires it would be a good idea...suggestions.....comments....thanks in advance

Old 11-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You are going to be pretty pissed if you cup those new snows. If it was me yes I'd get an alignment.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My local very good tire shop sold me a lifetime alignment for only about $70. I have them check it every time I get new tires or make a change or feel like it.

I bet someone in your area does the same.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:57 PM
e30r56
4th Gear
I'd also rotate your tires regularly if you aren't already.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
sterfsky
1st Gear
Thanks for the advice all. I put the new snow tires on tonight and I can feel the car riding smoother, it's great! I am going to call around to a few auto places to find out who has a good rate for the alignment....I was wondering if I should do it since the wheel bearings were replaced....do you think that the alignment is off?

The tread was so low on the inside of those rear tires, wow! Looks like I will be looking for two new ones for the spring when I switch back

Funny thing...The winter tires are mounted on black steelies and it looks sweet on the dark silver car...makes me want to buy new rims!!!