Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Just received new wheels/tires, questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:21 PM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just received new wheels/tires, questions.

I just received my new DR-19's and am planning to have them installed Friday. I had them mounted with tires size 215/45-17. They will be mounted onto an '07 MCS. My partner also got a set of DR-14's with the same size wheel and he's planning to mount them on his '08 MC.

Will either of us have any issues with rubbing in the tire well? Just looking at the tires sitting in my living room, they look HUGE. I'm sure it's just a trick of my imagination, but some reassurance would be appreciated.

Also, just a little FYI to anyone planning to order aftermarket wheels soon - make sure you get hubcentric rings with them! Apparently there's some kind of major backorder with many online tire/wheel suppliers.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:13 PM
leo@edgeracing.com
Banned
Depending on what offset you have on the wheels it may become a problem, but that is the size tire we used on our Mini with 17x7 ET:42.

Leo Barrios
leo@edgeracing.com
http://www.edgeracing.com
NT03+M SALE: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=125822

Old 01-17-2008, 10:20 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by RVExotics
I just received my new DR-19's and am planning to have them installed Friday. I had them mounted with tires size 215/45-17. They will be mounted onto an '07 MCS. My partner also got a set of DR-14's with the same size wheel and he's planning to mount them on his '08 MC.

Will either of us have any issues with rubbing in the tire well? Just looking at the tires sitting in my living room, they look HUGE. I'm sure it's just a trick of my imagination, but some reassurance would be appreciated.

Also, just a little FYI to anyone planning to order aftermarket wheels soon - make sure you get hubcentric rings with them! Apparently there's some kind of major backorder with many online tire/wheel suppliers.
From what I can tell.

DR-19 are 17x7.5" while DR-14 are 17x7"
Standard MINI wheels are 17x7 with +48mm offset.
The 17x7.5 is wider than stock so less offset would be better about +38 to +42mm. The 17x7 rim can be +40 to +45. Few aftermarket rims are +48mm offset.

215/45-17 is wider and taller than stock tires.

I could not find what offset the DR wheels come in. Look for markings on the inner spokes or hub of each wheel for +42 to +45 which gives the offset or et.

With stock suspension you are looking for about +38 to +45 mm offset and it should fit. Under heavy load or over uneven terrain there is always the chance for a little rubbing in the rear, it's likely to be minimal.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:57 AM
Engin
Neutral
I have a shaking after 12o km/h speed with 4 people in my MCS after 3000 rpm or more very little vibration driving lonely and I have stock suspension and springs but oz hydra rims.
Does this wheels cause of this vibration? What is the optimum caster, camber and toe values for daily city use and sometimes travelling on the highway?
Your help will be too much apreciated, I could not find a solution for this vibration.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:55 AM
leo@edgeracing.com
Banned
I would check and make sure you have the correct hub centric rings for the Mini. If that checks out, check the PSI on the tires and lower them to recommended PSI, check the lbs of torque on the lug bolts, and if all else fails it may be a balancing issue on the wheels.

Leo Barrios
leo@edgeracing.com
800-489-5353 x211
http://www.edgeracing.com
NT03+M SALE: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=125822