Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Tire Rack Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Minut
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Rack Customer Service

Within five minutes of placing an online order at tirerack.com, I received a call from them confirming that the tires I ordered were NON-runflats. Great service, guys! I was wondering why the site wanted the info about what car the tires were going on, and I guess your system flagged that the MINI has runflats as OEM. Thanks again.

I wonder if the title of this thread is going to freak out the Tire Rack guys before they read it.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Brewmeister
3rd Gear
I had the same thing happen last spring when I ordered my Goodyear Eagle F1's... The phone rang before I could close the order page!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
#20Works4me
5th Gear
I ordered a set of winters for my wife's odyssey and they arrived 3 days later. Great service!!!!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
No question Tire Rack is great. If you are running a MINI without runflat tires, you might consider this spare tire: http://new.minimania.com/web/Item/NM.../InvDetail.cfm

Old 02-13-2008, 08:52 AM
MrCooperS
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
too bad they don't carry team dynamics !!

Old 05-21-2008, 09:32 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not normally a whiner/complainer, but I've also never had the issue with a NAM vendor like I have had, now twice, with Tire Rack.

Last fall I went to Alex looking for help with choosing some solid all-seasons to replace my fading runflats. After two emails and 6 days with no response at all (not even a "let me check and get back to you"), I went elsewhere.

Now I am looking for wheels. I saw a specific set on a car, asked the owner where he got them, and he said - surprise! - from the Tire Rack. I looked on their site, because I would have just ordered them, but the brand is not there, much less the actual wheels. So, I emailed Alex to see if he could direct me or at least let me know whether or not they still have them....4 days later, still no response.

I don't know what to think. So many here rave about the great service from Tire Rack, and I've had great experiences with every other NAM vendor. I gave them the benefit of the doubt after the first time...but twice makes my "something is off" meter twang.

I never EVER play this card, but as a female, it does make me wonder what the deal is. What do I have to do to get a response AT ALL from the folks at the Tire Rack while you all are getting phone calls before your email confirmation even hits your inbox?

I guess if they don't want my money I'll take it elsewhere, but I like to support the NAM vendors.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:49 PM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what wheels?

I emailed Alex on Sat or Sun and he replied back to me yesterday (not good news, but not his policy I'm sure).

Old 05-21-2008, 01:00 PM
leebo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
I am not normally a whiner/complainer, but I've also never had the issue with a NAM vendor like I have had, now twice, with Tire Rack.

Last fall I went to Alex looking for help with choosing some solid all-seasons to replace my fading runflats. After two emails and 6 days with no response at all (not even a "let me check and get back to you"), I went elsewhere.

Now I am looking for wheels. I saw a specific set on a car, asked the owner where he got them, and he said - surprise! - from the Tire Rack. I looked on their site, because I would have just ordered them, but the brand is not there, much less the actual wheels. So, I emailed Alex to see if he could direct me or at least let me know whether or not they still have them....4 days later, still no response.

I don't know what to think. So many here rave about the great service from Tire Rack, and I've had great experiences with every other NAM vendor. I gave them the benefit of the doubt after the first time...but twice makes my "something is off" meter twang.

I never EVER play this card, but as a female, it does make me wonder what the deal is. What do I have to do to get a response AT ALL from the folks at the Tire Rack while you all are getting phone calls before your email confirmation even hits your inbox?

I guess if they don't want my money I'll take it elsewhere, but I like to support the NAM vendors.
Have you tried calling to verify the email was received?

I sometimes think I'm not getting replies to messages I've sent (in general, not to TireRack) and find the replies are in my Spam folder.

I've found Alex to be responsive.

Lee

Old 05-21-2008, 01:14 PM
cct1
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've always had great luck with Tire Rack. TCE, Tire Rack, Discount Tires and Outmotoring are all vendors I've worked with and all have been outstanding. Alex was extremely helpful getting a tire/rim combo worked out for me in the past; just give him a call and I'm sure all will be well!

Old 05-21-2008, 01:36 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
alex is da man. he's helped me with over 7-8 wheel sets over the years.

their store is awesome too. huge facility, nice show room, great people.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:41 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PGT
what wheels?

I emailed Alex on Sat or Sun and he replied back to me yesterday (not good news, but not his policy I'm sure).
Eagle Alloy 039s...Discount Tire has them but I wanted to check with Tire Rack to see if they could beat them on price.

Unfortunately it's not just email...PMs are being ignored as well...so I know it's not just a spam filter thing. I don't know what to think other than that they don't want my business, for whatever reason.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 PM
that7guy
6th Gear
Ive also had great experience with Tire Rack. I ordered my last set of wheels/tires 2 years ago and im about to order another set!

Old 05-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Alex@tirerack
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
they don't want my business, for whatever reason.
Hi Melissa,

I am very sorry you had trouble getting a hold of me, it was not intended to be personal or specific to you.

Because I moderate a few different sites and the Tire Rack prefers that we use company email for official communications , as a rule I don't use PMs. When the sites I moderate offer the option of turning them off I do.

Please understand that I do take my reputation and my customer service seriously. If I had ever gotten your emails they would have surely been returned - I disable all my spam filters at work and go thru all my mail manually.

I don't handle eagle alloys, but if I can help you in any way -
and if your emails aren't returned - Please feel free to call me. I am by my phone all day at my desk and promply return messages.

I always have time for a customer.

Alex

PS - my PM's were set off, but the day after my birthday (5/1) I began getting PM's - not trying to ignore anyone, email is my prefered method.

PPS -If your email isn't returned - call me - I dont ignore ANYONE.
the internets eats things... sometimes