Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Goodridge Brake Lines --- Good News

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 10:02 PM
BobWin
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The following is a post I made on Road Fly and Mini2, and thought it would be of interest at this site.....

Apparently there have been some problems with the fitment of the Goodridge brake lines to the new series of MINI's. Well, as of today (July 23d), that is no longer an issue.

I have a 2003 MCS (IB/W) and wanted to have Goodridge lines with PowerSlot rotors and EBC Greenstuff pads. None of the after market dealers had the lines and they weren't sure when Goodridge would be supplying them. After several conversations with the R&D department at Goodridge in Torrance, CA, it was decided to use my car to obtain correct measurements for all the parts, and to install a correct kit along with the rotors and pads.

Major changes were made to the previously supplied brake line kit and I'll summarize those changes below. Before that, let me mention that my Mini now has PowerSlot rotors and EBC pads with Goodridge lines! The old brake fluid was replaced with Motul RBF 600 fluid. Everything fits just right, there are no leaks and the bedding process has begun.

Changes in the new Goodridge brakeline kit for the Mini:

Front: A new "banjo" (ringed attachment end) with a smaller head diameter; a new banjo bolt with the correct pitch of 10mm x 1.5, rather than the previous 10mm x 1.0

Rear: Banjo remains the same, but there's a new bolt that is 6mm shorter than the previous one; pitch (12mm x 1.0) remains the same; new washers with a 12mm I.D. rather than the previous 11.2mm; a grommet has been added to the line just like the front.

Goodridge will be putting out a Technical Bulletin very shortly, and they hope to begin delivering the new brake kits fairly soon. I've tried to link a picture of the mods to this message, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Many thanks to the folks at Goodridge for using my Mini to sort out a sticky problem.
jeff.cowan@goodridge.net

Old 07-24-2003, 05:36 AM
Alex@tirerack
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bobwin,
Thanks for the heads up!

Alex