Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Consumer Reports tests of Performance All-Season and Ultra H

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 09:06 AM
joesantoyo78757
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nov. 2003 issue of Consumer Reports, just out, starting on Page 50, tests 31 performance and ultra high-performance tires. Then going to the Tire Rack website to check out their customers' reactions to some of the higher-rated tires mentioned in the Reports makes for some very illuminating reading (and you'll probably get the best prices there if you want to buy them). Especially for MINI-its who don't race their cars and have been thinking of switching from the hard riding run flats on their MCSs, there are some good choices here. Stop by your local library to read the report free, or pay the small fee and get it online at ConsumerReports.org

Old 10-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Alex@tirerack
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
>>ConsumerReports.org

Also notice how they compair 3 diffrent performace catagories against eachother, in one comparison.

Alex

Old 10-11-2003, 08:06 AM
joesantoyo78757
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>>>ConsumerReports.org
>>
>>Also notice how they compair 3 diffrent performace catagories against eachother, in one comparison.
>>
>>Alex

Hi Alex-
I won't be racing my MCO when it comes so I'm interested in the most comfortable ride possible without loosing too much of the handling capabilities of the marvelous Mini. As soon as it comes I'm thinking of ordering a set of your chrome Kazera KZ-V 16x7 wheels, shod with Bridgestone Turanza LS-H 205/55/HR 16 tires because of the high rating these tires got in Consumer Reports and also because of the many very favorable comments your customers have made about them on your website.

(Also, coincidentally, when I last re-tired my Chrysler 300M sedan, the local Firestone dealer put Bridgestone Turanzas on the car and I was very surprised by the improvements in both cornering and ride quality these new tires gave over the OE Goodyears.)

For my purpose, do you see anything wrong with what I want to order from you for my MCO . . . or do you have a better suggestion?

Thanks,
Joe

Old 10-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Alex@tirerack
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
>>For my purpose, do you see anything wrong with what I want to order from you for my MCO . . . or do you have a better suggestion?
>>
I think the Turanza LS-H is a wounderfull choice.

I just wanted to point out the ideosyncracies- Compairing grand touring to performace allseason is like saying lets take A Cadilac Deville DHS - and compair it to a Chevy Camaro. to compair their handling and ride charteritcis would not be fair.

Alex

800 522 8473

Tire & Wheel forum moderator

www.tirerack.com

alex@tirerack.com