Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Anyone on Breyton GTS-R yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:02 PM
ED955S
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alex@tirerack
Hi Justin,

I apologize for overlooking this post initially. Can you email me with these photos, and your billing details like name and billing phone number? I'd love to have my warranty team check these out.
He should take that wheel off right away before serious accident will happen. I was planning to put this to my E46 330i but now wondering if this Chinese made Breyton is worth it.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:18 AM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Alex@tirerack
Hi Justin,

I apologize for overlooking this post initially. Can you email me with these photos, and your billing details like name and billing phone number? I'd love to have my warranty team check these out.
Good to see the follow up Alex Please keep us posted on how this gets handled. Thanks!

Old 09-11-2011, 09:44 AM
praecurvo
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It makes me curious how these would perform on a track.
Aaron

Old 09-12-2011, 07:04 AM
cooperjunkie
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Alex and everyone else with the Breytons, do you notice that the finish on these wheels is more delicate than on others. I say this because I have had 3 of my wheels chipped while having the tires put on (which are being replaced by the shop but on back order) and after only 2 months of driving on these I have 2 decent sized chips in the paint on 2 of the spokes from rocks i'm guessing. No scratch or gouge. Just chipped paint. I don't drive on gravel roads or overly bad roads for that matter. Just the normal point A to B driving. I have had several other aftermarket wheels in the past and never had them chip the way these have already. Anyone else have this issue. Does breyton offer touch up paint for them or anything? I have the bright silver ones.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:55 AM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cooperjunkie
Hey Alex and everyone else with the Breytons, do you notice that the finish on these wheels is more delicate than on others. I say this because I have had 3 of my wheels chipped while having the tires put on (which are being replaced by the shop but on back order) and after only 2 months of driving on these I have 2 decent sized chips in the paint on 2 of the spokes from rocks i'm guessing. No scratch or gouge. Just chipped paint. I don't drive on gravel roads or overly bad roads for that matter. Just the normal point A to B driving. I have had several other aftermarket wheels in the past and never had them chip the way these have already. Anyone else have this issue. Does breyton offer touch up paint for them or anything? I have the bright silver ones.
cooper-

I'm running the Matte Grey and have found them to be very durable so far, 6 months on the road. Hopefully Alex can help you out.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:56 AM
mariocaz
Banned
Originally Posted by BlueToy
A little eye candy for the Breyton lovers

Dear BlueToy, did you paint or bought the black rings of your headlights ??

I already receive my Breytons, thank you so much Alex for all your great help to do it, I will post pics soon.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:52 PM
praecurvo
3rd Gear
I truly love these wheels, but with the concerns of durability, I'm not so sure about running these on the track or rougher streets.
Would some others please chime in on the durability of their wheels?
Thanks to Bluetoy; your comment is great and your car looks fantastic! Are you corner balanced or is that just a height of your choosing?
aaron

Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 PM
maroonbug
2nd Gear
After 9 months of usage, paint is starting to chip off my silver wheels. I'm not sure were they caused by stones, but to be fair it could do with a better quality finishing. I can see the black base surfacing, if it gets worse ill just respray them as their fantastic looking wheels.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:17 PM
mariocaz
Banned
Those are not good news!! somebody with the same problem on the paint ?

Old 09-16-2011, 09:28 PM
06BLKchrgd
2nd Gear
It seems as thought the finish problem is with the silver ones, not the matte gray or black ones.

Was leaning towards the silver or matte gray ones, but now I'm getting scared off about the problem with the finish on the silver ones.

Also does anyone know about the mirror paint (chrome) ones, they're listed on Breytons website, still haven't seen anyone with them.
I sent Alex from Tire Rack a pm about them and still haven't got a response...

Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 PM
maroonbug
2nd Gear
I'm not sure mine is silver or chrome but it seems pretty "chrome" after a good wash. Oh yes, I also had issues the silver center caps peeling hence I got the dealer to replace them to the black ones. Much better quality IMO.

Pic to illustrate the peeling

Attached Thumbnails Anyone on Breyton GTS-R yet?-img_0392.jpg  

Last edited by maroonbug; 09-17-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:13 AM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mariocaz
Dear BlueToy, did you paint or bought the black rings of your headlights ??

I already receive my Breytons, thank you so much Alex for all your great help to do it, I will post pics soon.
Mario- I used Plasti Dip on them. Soon to come off and doing a Joey Mod. Sorry about off topic

Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 AM
mariocaz
Banned
Oh so you took it off and then painted them ?

What is Plasti Dip ?

Thanx

Old 09-19-2011, 12:03 PM
cooperjunkie
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
After 9 months of usage, paint is starting to chip off my silver wheels. I'm not sure were they caused by stones, but to be fair it could do with a better quality finishing. I can see the black base surfacing, if it gets worse ill just respray them as their fantastic looking wheels.
Mine have the same looking chips on them. 2 or 3 of them now since June in addition to the chips from the tire installation. My last set of Maxxim (read no name lol) wheels that I purchased held up for well over a year with not a single chip and they were only $105 a piece. Not $249. At first i thought the guy at the tire store was just trying to cover his butt by saying that these were some of the most delicately finished wheels he had ever seen but now I think I agree with him.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:39 PM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by praecurvo
I truly love these wheels, but with the concerns of durability, I'm not so sure about running these on the track or rougher streets.
Would some others please chime in on the durability of their wheels?
Thanks to Bluetoy; your comment is great and your car looks fantastic! Are you corner balanced or is that just a height of your choosing?
aaron
Thanks Aaron, not corner balanced, just the height I settled on after a few tries.
Oh so you took it off and then painted them ?

What is Plasti Dip ?

Thanx
I did remove them and sprayed them. Do a web search on plasti Dip to learn more about it. It's a rubberized paint the is pretty durable and easy to remove. It will not damage the paint, chrome that you paint over. We get it at Home Depot here in the states. Good luck

Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 PM
mariocaz
Banned
Thank you so much BlueToy, I will search it here. =)

Why you only painted the rings ??

Old 09-19-2011, 06:57 PM
mariocaz
Banned
I want to join to this exclusive club, finally.

I really hope you like it guys.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:17 PM
BlueToy
6th Gear
^^ Mario- That looks great Coil Overs next ??

Old 09-19-2011, 07:18 PM
mariocaz
Banned
Thnx BlueToy, I want to tell you that you were my inspiration to buy my wheels hehehe

Coil Overs ?? please tell me more!!!! =)

But I can´t lower my Mini because remember that I am at Mexico, city and really really the streets here are awful. =(

Old 09-19-2011, 07:29 PM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Thnx BlueToy, I want to tell you that you were my inspiration to buy my wheels hehehe

Coil Overs ?? please tell me more!!!! =)

But I can´t lower my Mini because remember that I am at Mexico, city and really really the streets here are awful. =(
I understand about the bad roads...not sure which is worse, Mexico City or Chicago Take a look at my build thread to see more about the coil overs: http://www.motoringunderground.com/f...t=20243&page=2 What size tire did you go with?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:36 PM
mariocaz
Banned
My tires are Goodyear Asymetric 215/35/18 are the ones that recommended me Alex, what do u think ?

Old 09-19-2011, 07:39 PM
mariocaz
Banned
Old 09-19-2011, 07:47 PM
BlueToy
6th Gear
My tires are Goodyear Asymetric 215/35/18 are the ones that recommended me Alex, what do u think ?
Are those the F1 asymmetric ? I have those on my BMW and love them. The 18's look great on your car. I'll take a look at your thread, thanks.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:55 PM
mariocaz
Banned
Yes that ones are, the F1 Assymetric 2007 production and for the price are fantastics hehe

Thanx BT.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:24 AM
maroonbug
2nd Gear
Anyone running the 17" of these on their R56 with spacers have photos to share?
I'm thinking to have 12mm spacers as the Brembo GT Junior BBKs (from R53, single piece 310mm (12.2") rotors) doesn't seem to clear with 5mm spacers.

Please also share the handling characteristics with 12mm spacers.

Quick Reply: Anyone on Breyton GTS-R yet?