Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Torq-Thrusts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Gerarddm
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torq-Thrusts?

I'm thinking of a 2007 or 2008 MCS, but I really want to slide on a set of classic 16" Torq-Thrust rims. With the right exterior color combination and some rally lights I think they'd look just great.

Yes I know they take a five bolt pattern. Has anyone else modified their Mini to accept a five-bolt wheel? If so, what did you do? 4-into 5 spacer? Or?

Old 06-22-2009, 05:58 AM
SprintA3
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R makes an adapter for 4x100 to 5x100 and maybe a few other PCD's, the only problem is that they are usually around 20mm thick, so you would have a pretty outrageous offset in the end.

I'm not very familiar with the Torq Thrusts, other than I know they are the classic american racing wheels, but they may only come in offsets that aren't mini friendly. You can run a more aggressive offset, but then you have to get into stretching tires to make them fit and other things that you might not want to deal with just to make wheels fit. I think you would be better off finding something that looks similar in a 4 lug fitment.

If you want to use a pcd adapter, the safest offset to go with on a 7" wheel would be in the 55 - 60 range. The only wheels I can think of offhand with that high of an offset are some Porsche wheels.