Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Pics of installed gold zinc and black rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:48 PM
KC MCS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of installed gold zinc and black rotors?

I've tried to search the forums for pics of the EBC slotted/dimpled gold zinc rotors installed and I haven't been able to find any. Shoot me if they're out there, but I can't locate them.

So, if you have any pics I'd love to see them. In theory they don't sound like they'd look too good behind my silver web spokes, but I'm getting ready to order rotors and pads and also will be painting my calibers red, and I'd really like to see the gold zinc rotors installed.

Also, I'd be interested in seeing the black slotted EBC rotors installed too.

Thanks everyone!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:13 AM
KC MCS
3rd Gear
Nobody has installed either of these and has a pic?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:50 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
You can find pictures of plated or painted rotors on many cars just browsing some galleries. But what I think you may be misunderstanding is that this finish does not last beyond installation where the pads rub.

Over time any plating or painting on a rotor degrades. Being iron the rotor is always rusting....in due time it migrates under and into the applied finish as well.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:27 AM
KC MCS
3rd Gear
No, I understand that the coloring on the surface of the rotors won't be permanent, but I figured the rest of it that doesn't come in contact with the pad material would stay the original color, be it black, gold zinc, silver, etc.

I already searched the gallery and only came up with one set of pics that had the gold zinc - none with the black. The ones with gold zinc were good pics, but didn't show the final product with the wheel back on the car.

And, since there are thousands and thousands of pics in the gallery, but only the handful came up when I searched on 'rotor' or 'rotors', I can't imagine sitting for hours and hours flipping through page after page hoping to find a pic. Talk about going crazy!

Old 09-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Calz
3rd Gear
I have Gold cadmium plated rotors on my Audi and they look great... the slots and direction venting is obviously still gold and when you look at the wheels and brakes everyone always notices the Gold plating. And my wheels are black so you notice the Gold a lot