Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Pirelli Eufori problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Suncoast mini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pirelli Eufori problems?

Hi
My stock Pirelli Eufori runflats were getting low on tread but I wanted to hold on until I put my winters on. I brought my S home and heard air escaping, checking it out, I pulled the left front off and to my surprise the steel belt was exposed for 360 degrees on the inside of the tire. I pulled the others off and all of them had the steel belt showing. It only showed on the inside of each tire. The outside looked fine. Has anyone else had this happen to them? The tires were worn, but were not down to the wearbar yet. Thank you

Old 12-01-2010, 09:23 AM
scoopieb
2nd Gear
I had something similar. I had those tires a year or two ago. I got a flat and when I took it off I noticed thin steel radial wires sticking out off the side wall right about where it starts the tread. When I looked closer you could see a "bump" running completely around the tire. It looked like one of the steel radials was out of place under the rubber. It was definitely not right. Since the tire had been repaired Discount tire wouldn't warranty it. Even though they said it definitely looked like a defect. I contacted Pirelli a few times and even spoke to a CS manager. They could careless and were of no help. I vowed to never purchase another Pirelli product. I recommend getting something safer. At the time, I did some research and there was some class action lawsuit talk on the BMW sites. Appearantly, the 325's were having problems. You might check there. Good luck.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:00 PM
beken
6th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
My car came with Pirelli Euphori@s. It was the most fragile tire I've ever had on a car in my 35 years of driving. I got rid of them when the inside sidewall of one of my rear tires started to separate from the tread. The tire could not be repaired and I got a set of 4 non-runflats for less than the cost of 1 Pirelli tire.

There was lots of tread left on them. Though getting close to the wear bars they hadn't worn to that level yet.

Never again.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Suncoast mini
1st Gear
Thanks for the replies. They confirm my suspicions. I will check with my tire guy when I get my new summers. I probably won't be replacing them with Pirellis unless I get some action from them.