Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Volk Group Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 12:58 PM
gowest
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A local autocrosser, with some direction from me, has located a Volk Distributor, on the east coast, who will sell him ce28n's at ??% off list and suggested that if he were able to find two or more people willing to buy at the same time that he may be able to do better than that! This is a great price on Volk's and we think it goes for all their forged wheels and may be even better on some of their other wheels. He was going to order tomorrow 1/26 but I've asked him to delay one week to see if anyone from this group wanted in. He is going to call the distributor back in the next 2 days to get a few more details but it looks like he needs a 50% deposit that can be on a credit card and as usual, with Volks, if they are not in the U.S. when ordered they will take 60-90 days to get to them. 60 days if in stock in Japen and 90 if not. A quick head count at our local club get together has 3 of us saying we want a set. List price can be found on Volk's site in Yen divide that by 100 and change that to $$$ and you have U.S. list. example; 16x8 ce28n 45,000 yen = $450 -??%. Individuals will need to place their orders through the distributor under the group buy name and it's not limited to just MINI owners. Please chime in here if you are interested and I will post the distributors contact info later.

2/3/04 update, I was asked to remove the discount % from my post by R&D as it could pose a problem for them. I'll just say you won't find a better price, from a Volk Distributor, than they gave me though it wasn't quite as good as I was led to believe, by my local autocrosser friend. The set cost me an extra $20.

2003 STX, Solo 2 Nationals, Me 8th, codriver 2nd

Old 01-26-2004, 02:56 PM
LJAJr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be interested. Do you have the website for Volk that lists the wheels and their prices? Are there wheels that are better suited to the MINI? If so which ones are they? :smile:

Old 01-26-2004, 06:57 PM
gowest
4th Gear
Go to http://www.wheelspecs.com and find the Volk link there to the Japanese web site, but in english. The info on their different wheels will tell you which are available in a 4x100 and what the offsets are, beyond that and maybe some more info you may be able to get from the distributor you will be on your own to decide what best suits your MINI. Many, with white roofs, will decide the white te-37's probably look the best.

Old 01-27-2004, 02:37 PM
macncheese
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never bought from these guys but.....

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...ory_Code=ce28n

Old 01-28-2004, 05:41 AM
gowest
4th Gear
Nice find Cheese but I could not tell where they are located from their web site and they are not listed as a Volk Distributor on Mackin's web site but they are within a handful of $$$ on all of the sizes I checked.

There will be no group buy as http://www.RandDmotorsports.com in South Carolina said they can do no better than the ??% off list they are offering and this is better than they usually give. If you want Volks at ??% off list from a Volk Distributor it may be a good idea to call them in the near future.

2/3/04 update, asked to remove the % discount by R&D.

2003 STX, Solo 2 Nationals, Me 8th, codriver 2nd