Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

How will it look?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:36 AM
hansjqrg1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How will it look?

Hi,
recently ordered a set of 17"x7,5" BBS LM replicas. ET is 42. The suspension on my R50 has not been modified, so the fit will be like on an original car. Tires 215/40-17.

How will this look? Will I leave a huge fendergap or will it look OK? Any pictures of wheels with pretty much the same specs?

Thanks!

Old 06-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Evasive
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You will have a bit of gap. With those gorgeous wheels a proper drop is definitely a must. At the very least, I would go with some springs.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:26 AM
hansjqrg1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you. I don't mind a few mm gap, as long as I can't fit my fist between the side of the wheel and insinde the fender.
I have been thinking of a drop for a long time, only problem is that I live in a snowy country. Previous years my R50 has been too low with original springs. It has been like a snowplow. So if I am going to do a drop I would need something adjustable, and that is expensive. I will see how it looks and think about some coilovers later.

How large do you think the gap will be? If I use pure logics, I don't think the gap will be too big. The wheels I am running now are 6,5" with a 48mm inpress. The gap is not way too big now, but a little bit too much. If I add an inch to the width of the rim the gap will be significantly smaller.