Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

O.Z. Superturismo VS Motegi MR119

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Jack & Coke
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by walk0080
Mine are also 40mm offset and I notice a slight difference (looks better to me IMO)... but more of the "wider" look is due to the wheel spoke design.

You can sell those run-flats if you don't want to use them - so they wouldn't be wasted.

Also check out Enkei wheels... Love the look of some OZ wheels but just so expensive. From my experience, the Enkei are great quality at low prices. IMO the Enkei Imola look fantastic on the JCW and I get many, many more compliments about the car when I have those wheels installed (vs. the stock Challenge spokes). Did you purchase the new wheels yet? Pics?

Well I got impatient and was about to pull the trigger on a set of the O.Z.'s when I came across a Tenzo Wheels.

I need to wash the MINI and get some pics up!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:48 PM
CarlosDMotor
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Know Im kinda awakening a dead thread, but how much of a difference would I notice by going to 18" superturismos non runflat from the 16 inch bridge spoke and runflats. I think the weight is pretty close, but any other differences. The ride would probably harsher, and if its alot harder, that would be hard for me to imagine because my ride is pretty much rock solid. At least it feels that way

Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jack & Coke
I'm not trying to be a cheap **** by any means, I have owned brand name rims in the past and cheaper versions as well. At the end of the day, I just drive all my vehicles on the street. I am comfortable with my ***** size and don't need name brand stuff to make it bigger.

Wish Tire Rack would offer free shipping like many of the other online vendors.

Still seems like I am paying extra for just the name nothing else. They weigh the same weight and the fit an finish of the Motegi rims look good.

I think the rims look almost identical....

I don't think it has anything to do with ***** size. Rota, XXR's, Motegei will always be copycat wheels. If money isn't an issue then throw some 3 piece Works, rays engineering, CCW wheels. The bolt pattern for Mini is the same as Honda so Mini's have tons of options for wheels.