Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

those dam$ wheel studs

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 09:39 PM
nammerz
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i decided to do a lug bolt to stud conversion. everything was going out great until we stripped the retainer on the rotor. i ended up drilling the retainer on the front driver side. my friends were working on the rear driver side and ended up taking off the hub. we were happy. so we screwed on the stud BUTTTTTTT it didnt go all the way through because the end cap of the stud got stuck on the surroundings of the thread.

if i knew how to post pics id show it to you but i dont sorry. so now i wasted money buying studs and tuner bolts because this stupid mini was built all crazy so i am pissed off. lots of time wasted and now tomorrow i gotta go drive all around san francisco to buy some tuner lug bolts. so the skunk 2 wheel studs i bought for 100 stupid dollars and the gorilla tuner bolts that i bought for 45 is all wasted. hopefully i can do a refund.

what sucks is that we did all this in the rain because it was a cloudy day. i even waxed my car in the morning because the sun came out with nxt wax. mannnn im soooooo frustrated right now. so my gunmetal volks gt-c's are going to have to wait to be put on. another thing that makes it even worse is that i cant bring my car to la because its crippled for the carbon fiber hood fitment.

AHHHHHH the frustration. stupid domino effect.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:43 PM
early_apex
6th Gear
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm confused though, what was wrong with the lug bolts that came with the car?

Old 04-19-2004, 09:59 PM
nammerz
4th Gear
the lug bolts that came with the car isnt long enough. it only goes as far as the hole of the thickness of the wheel. i dont know what the word is called. but yeah. its too short so i gotta buy one that is like 15 to 25 mm longer.