Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

TCE front and rear brake kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 08:08 AM
HYWSTAR
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCE front and rear brake kit

Hello everyone at NAM, I,am a new member here and just want you to know that Todds kit combo has only two more days. I recently visited his shop and went for it, I don,t even have my car yet, but after talking with him I can tell you he is really offering a great package. So give him a call , you won,t be dissapointed. Waiting for the 2005,s W/LSD option.

Old 07-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Mini-///M
3rd Gear
I have my front kit sitting in the apartment waiting for the MINI that will be built in Aug. I have to say it looks AWESOME! I'm at the point where I was sizing up the big **** wilwoods to put on my M coupe!

Patrick

Old 07-31-2004, 09:17 AM
HYWSTAR
Neutral
Is your front set up from TCE? If it is you could probably upgrade the rears later even if your kit is another brand its still do-able. The kit is around 400.00 + change & includes hoses. Rear emergency brake is retained you just have to remove the cables from the anchoring points and de-burr the inner rubber bushing mounting holes for the included stainless steel hoses. (Stock calibers are used.)

Old 07-31-2004, 09:26 AM
HYWSTAR
Neutral
Is your kit from TCE? You could do rear upgrade at a later time. I believe it's around $400.00 & change. It retains the stock cailber & emergency brake cable set up. Even if your fronts are from another manufacturer it will compliment your upgrade. Robert

Old 07-31-2004, 11:00 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Robert,

Pat's kit is the same, it's his rears that you were eyeballing in the box here. We're waiting on hoses for the rears now from Earl's. Hope to see them this week. Pat took the 'used' rotors off the first test on the S here in town prior to the switch to the loud rotors.

And lest anyone think that Robert got an extended deal to post here...well he got sacked with 8.1% sales tax on the $1300...! :( Sadly I think its cheaper if he lived in CA. I'll do him right on the install when he gets the car.

<now if I could just find a way to sell kits to people without cars all the time...lol>

Old 07-31-2004, 02:21 PM
2perCooper
5th Gear
is this kit available with the wilwood version as well?

Old 07-31-2004, 02:51 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 2perCooper
is this kit available with the wilwood version as well?
I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean; can I supply the rear kit to go with the front Wilwood factory kit instead of my TCE/Wilwood set ups?

Old 07-31-2004, 10:05 PM
2perCooper
5th Gear
Originally Posted by toddtce
I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean; can I supply the rear kit to go with the front Wilwood factory kit instead of my TCE/Wilwood set ups?
yep, sorry for the confusion.

reason being, i would prefer not to run spacers.

Thanks
-chris

Old 08-01-2004, 08:38 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 2perCooper
yep, sorry for the confusion.

reason being, i would prefer not to run spacers.

Thanks
-chris
Yes, I thougt that might be what you meant.
Keep in mind that the spacers for the SS kit (shown on the S) are only .065"- that's a tad over 1/16". Granted; they are fit to this R90 wheel and we cannot promise the exacting fit to others without some measuring.

The rear kit can be had for about $439. With plain rotor. I will not match the WW drill/slot pattern however if you choose this front kit.

With this combo in mind you're looking at about $1400+ for front and rear depending upon which of the fronts you settle on. Front kits from WW are looking to be about two weeks out yet from what I'm told.

Hope this helps.