Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Looking for Snow Review of the Continetal ExtremeContact DWS or Cooper Zeon RS3-A

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 05:31 PM
Colin Schlagel
3rd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Looking for Snow Review of the Continetal ExtremeContact DWS or Cooper Zeon RS3-A

So Either of these two tires I am looking into but I need something for the snow coming ahead (live in Wisconsin). I can get the Coopers for a bit cheaper so thinking that route just want to know what tires to get for my 02 R53 so that they cant get through the snow months and last me next year to. I want to know if any ones had these tires and driven through snow and how well they handle.
Also are either quiter then the other or better in other ways as well

Thanks

Old 11-19-2016, 05:44 PM
TC Mini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too bought and replaced my runflats with 17" 225/45R17 Continental DWS 06 for my new '17 Clubman S ALL 4... They are great tires.

However, I too live in the Midwest upper NW tip of IL, and wanted a dedicated Winter set - so, I bought 16" MINI takeoffs, and mounted some 195/60R16 BLIZZAKS...

Last edited by TC Mini; 11-20-2016 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Colin Schlagel
3rd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I am looking to just buy one set of all seasons so i can use them once spring comes back around the tires I have came on it when i bought the car used a few months ago and they have been basically bald so I really need something for this winter and then to use in the spring/summer

if there is any other tires for cheap cheap that are good in snow would love to here about it to... seen some good reviews about the BF Goodrich G force a/s but then I have seen bad ones to.

SO HARD TO CHOOSE!!!

Old 11-19-2016, 06:29 PM
Racingguy04
5th Gear
Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts
I ran Khumo ecsta ast's year round in a ski town in colorado for years and loved them. They're really good in snow. They're no snow tires but they're fantastic in snow and bad weather. On dry pavement they're very average, not bad by any means, but nothing special. But they were great in snow and pretty cheap from what I remember. They were also pretty quiet.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:54 AM
bring
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just replaced the hard V rated run flats with H rated all season Conti ProContacts. I expect they will be fine in the snow. Much better ride.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:43 PM
racingbmwm3
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look on craiglist for used snow tires on 4x100 wheels. I picked up a set of decent blizzaks on factory Mini wheels for $150 last year. All seasons will get you around, but the area where they don't compare to snow tires is stopping. The only time you'll wish you had snow tires is an emergency stop or maneuver, and all seasons are going to let you down.