Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Brake setup question

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 05:03 AM
kyleroot
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brake setup question

I have an 03 with Wilwood BBK with BP-10 Pads and the car stops AMAZING and I never have any issues with brake fade at the track.

I am in the process of buying a car with R56 JCW Brembo BBK Kit and Front JCW Slotted Rotors.

I am worried they wont stop as well as the Wilwoods. I am planning on buying EBC Yellow stuff for the JCW Brembo Brakes do you think this would stop similarly?

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/brake-pads/

"BP-10" Compound
The standard pad for all TCE street kits. We have tested this pad in local use and find it's low temperature use to be low in noise and dust- things important to the street kit. However when pushed harder and allowed to warm up BP10 exhibits improved bite and performance.This pad should offer a reasonable light track day use without fade yet allow the user to drive it home. An excellent starting pad or even a balanced rear pad when paired with more aggressive front pads.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:12 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
You are putting the pads on the existing rotors?

Old 08-24-2017, 05:14 AM
kyleroot
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, that was my plan.. but I am open to suggestions.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:29 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 626 Likes on 555 Posts
I come from the school where you do not put new pads on old rotors. There was a time when you "turned" rotors before you put new pads on so that both surfaces, pad and rotor, were flat and true. Most rotors today are a "one-time" deal.

On the pads, IMO yellow stuff is good for "spirited" street driving but many will say the yellows are not the best for "track" time. Yellowstuff also has more dust than the EBC Redstuff pad.

Suggest you do some research, there is allot of information here on pads and rotors.