Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

My 5th MCS modification...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 12:07 PM
speltzer
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 5th MCS modification...

My latest addition is a new set of Gunmetal Ro-ja 17" LT5 wheels (check NAM marketplace here https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=33373 for my like new S-lite wheels). These wheels have been discontinued, but Randy at http://www.m7tuning.com/ had a few sets left over at a blowout price. I installed the recommended wheel studs (using medium Loctite), spacers, and lug nuts as suggested. I want to thank Steve at Steve's Auto Clinic in North Hill, CA for his service and advice. I think they look great, and no, they do not come with centercaps. The wheel is American made and very light in weight. I love how the wheels show off the calipers (Performance brake kit?) and rotors underneath the rim/tire assembly and match the black roof. I reinstalled my Pirelli runflats, and plan on wearing them out before replacing with some non-runflat performance rubber. Another Gunmetal color benefit is not constantly cleaning the wheels because of brake dust. I thought I would share some photos...

Side shot...

Front and side angle...

The LT5 Ro-ja wheel up close...

Wheels studs installed using Loctite for safety...

The lugs require a special adapter (Also a great theft deterrent). You can also see the black wheel spacer in this photo. I painted the centers black for a matching look...