Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Don't buy from Wheels Boutique

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 03:07 AM
early_apex
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't buy from Wheels Boutique

FYI-

A buddy of mine recently bought a set of wheels from this online vendor, and their customer service has been horrific. In a nutshell, they sent him the wrong offset wheels and he's been getting the run-around from them for a couple weeks while trying to get the correct wheels. When he calls they have been transfering him to extensions that go nowhere and to vmail boxes of people that never return phone calls.

The whole story can be found here:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...8&page=1&pp=25

Old 02-27-2005, 06:19 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that is just terrible!!

Old 02-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Wiggles
4th Gear
Thanks for the heads up. I Love NAM for this very reason. Power to the peoples.

Old 02-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Kellzir
4th Gear
That is horrible! I was actually look into some wheels on their site, not anymore after reading that. Hope he gets it settled soon.

Old 02-27-2005, 11:29 AM
andrew_py_ng
1st Gear
That's just terrible! It only cost them little to settle with the customer and they didn't bother to do it

Old 02-27-2005, 12:18 PM
LombardStreet
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I followed the link above and read the original thread. Man, what a bummer! It's amazing how companies can stay in business and keep screwing people. I hope Wheels Boutique realizes how much bad publicity this is causing them. But it probably won't be enough to get them to help this guy out - much less get them to change their business practices!

FWIW, you might share the info below with your friend. He's complaining that his credit card company won't let him file his complaint until he has returned the merchandise, and the vendor won't give him an RMA or whatever to authorize his returning it. Catch-22.

I think there's some sort of limit on the amount of time between making the purchase and filing the complaint. He's getting such a runaround from WB that he may be worried about getting the complaint filed before this time limit runs out. I'm pretty sure that his initial contact with the credit card company is what counts here - rather than the actual filing of all the official paperwork - so he should be all right. But he should probably check with them just to make sure. It sounds like he's doing a good job of documenting everything. Maybe he should do something like writing a letter (as opposed to an email or phone call) to the CC company, explaining the circumstancess and why he isn't able to return the merchandise in a timely fashion, just to document the point at which he realized there was a problem and asked for resolution.

And FWIW, my experiences with credit card companies on the few occasions that I've had to dispute credit card purchases have always been good. Maybe I have just been lucky so far, but they always seemed very helpful and responsive.

Sounds like WB is trying to screw your friend. It's in the credit card company's best interests to help him get this resolved. I'm sure he's p-o'ed and frustrated, but he shouldn't alienate them. They can be a good ally in this dispute.

Good luck to your friend!

Old 02-27-2005, 12:48 PM
early_apex
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LombardStreet
It's amazing how companies can stay in business and keep screwing people. I hope Wheels Boutique realizes how much bad publicity this is causing them. But it probably won't be enough to get them to help this guy out - much less get them to change their business practices!
Yeah, and I don't normally blast a business online, but he gave WB plenty of opportunities to fix the problem they caused before putting their name on this mess. They just don't seem to give a sh*t about customer service and have been completely unresponsive to working out the issue. I don't see how it could be much worse unless they were laughing at the guy and hanging up when he called.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:02 PM
buz
3rd Gear
Deja do do I had a similar problem with another vendor last year. Eventually they won't even answer the phone . So, I called from another phone number, they answered but refused to deal with me and hung up. I sent the vendor a letter, return receipt requested with a copy to my bank. The letter was returned as "Refused"; that move put them deeper into their own quagmire. The bank responded with crediting my card and investigating the vendor. All ended well for me but not so well for the vendor.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:38 PM
LombardStreet
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by early_apex
...he gave WB plenty of opportunities to fix the problem they caused before putting their name on this mess.
Yeah, I noticed that. (My emphasis above.) I thought it was pretty classy of your friend, and it seems to indicate that he's not some immature brat with a short fuse.

My best wishes to your friend for a speedy (and happy!) resolution!