Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Can someone help me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 05:56 PM
annes
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone help me?

OK I have searched the threads but keep coming up empty...so could someone please help me? I have had both my front and back break pads replaced in addition to new sensors on both the front and rear but my sensor light will NOT go off! What's the trick? Is it some magic thing only MINI can do? Please help me out. I really don't want my orange light on forever!!

Old 07-05-2005, 06:18 PM
namwob
5th Gear
probably a bad new sensor or one not pluged in. I doubt there is a reset involved

Old 07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Alex@tirerack
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by namwob
probably a bad new sensor or one not pluged in. I doubt there is a reset involved
I have had other BMW's require a reset due to sensor change, especally if the old sensor lost chassis ground.

Alex

Old 07-06-2005, 05:01 PM
annes
3rd Gear
Thanks for the help- I guess I'll have to call the service dept of my dealer which I was hoping to avoid. And I really hate to buy another sensor when I just bought two new ones but... oh well.....

Old 07-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Galaxie500
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by namwob
I think namwob is correct. You need to recheck the installation of the new sensors. I had my pad sensor light go on and the ONLY thing that reset it was replacing both sensors with new ones. My light went out after about 10 minutes of driving with the new sensors installed. I had originally asked a couple of dealers about resetting a code to get rid of the light but they both said it was not a matter of resetting any code.