Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Anyone Else w/Kosei K1 TS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 09:20 AM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Else w/Kosei K1 TS?

Just curious -- Did you have to have hub rings installed when you switched to the K1 TS? I have some vibration at and after 50 MPH. I've had the alignment checked and it was ok. So at this point it's either balance or tire issue I believe. Thoughts?

Old 08-14-2005, 09:59 AM
dkstone
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jabrowntx
Just curious -- Did you have to have hub rings installed when you switched to the K1 TS? I have some vibration at and after 50 MPH. I've had the alignment checked and it was ok. So at this point it's either balance or tire issue I believe. Thoughts?
I have two sets that i bought from Tirerack, they came with metal hub centric rings no issues at all

Old 08-14-2005, 10:15 AM
jabrowntx
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dkstone
I have two sets that i bought from Tirerack, they came with metal hub centric rings no issues at all
Thanks for the reply!

I got mine from Tirerack, but through a local Discount Tire store so I could get their road hazard warranty. Were the hub rings "pre-installed" on the wheel or is that something you have to put on the axle before putting on the wheel?

Old 08-14-2005, 07:01 PM
dkstone
4th Gear
They were pre-installed on the wheels

Originally Posted by jabrowntx
Thanks for the reply!

I got mine from Tirerack, but through a local Discount Tire store so I could get their road hazard warranty. Were the hub rings "pre-installed" on the wheel or is that something you have to put on the axle before putting on the wheel?