Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Nexo wheel and Exel wheel weights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 06:24 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nexo wheel and Exel wheel weights?

I was wondering would anyone have any wheel weight info on the NEXO TS8
http://www.wheelmax.com/wheelcolors....or=Gun%20Metal

or the Exel wheels Race and RS-GT?

I've tried to email wheelmax already and they said they cant give that info away

Old 08-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Boludo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've posted a similar question a while ago because I thought the wheels look great however in my opinion the company is a Joke. What kind of wheel company will not tell you the weight of their wheels. Someone found out for me that shipping weight was around 25lbs + for one wheel. Yes they are heavy but still why not tell the weight. Their were others on this forum that tried to find out the weight for me and everyone was told by wheelmax that they can't give out that information. What a Joke if you ask me.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:52 AM
kaelaria
6th Gear
LOL wow someone is bitchy for no reason I weighed mine when I got them and I lost 11 lbs. per corner over stock. Wheelmax is no joke - great products, great prices!

Old 08-19-2005, 10:53 AM
kyriian
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kaelaria
LOL wow someone is bitchy for no reason I weighed mine when I got them and I lost 11 lbs. per corner over stock. Wheelmax is no joke - great products, great prices!
kaelaria.. which wheel do you have?

Old 08-19-2005, 10:54 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
but you get vibrating wheels.

Old 08-19-2005, 11:08 AM
kaelaria
6th Gear
Yes they were out of balance - I didn't say great setup! The wheels/tires themselves are excellent - look great, got here in perfect condition, etc.

I have the 7 spoke exels. Look in my gallery.

Old 08-19-2005, 11:25 AM
D_Nyholm
4th Gear
I think it is just customer service these days. I've been trying to get wheel information from a lot of different companies. NOT ONE will answer me via e-mail. They send me a generic response saying to call the 1-800 number. I e-mailed one company asking where I might be able to buy wheels and if they had more info and they never even got back to me. I e-mailed another manufacturer and they said to contact wheelmax. WHen I e-mail wheelmax, they just tell me to call. I DON"T HAVE TIME TO CALL. It takes 20 seconds to write an e-mail while I may be on the phone for 20 minutes with them as they put me on hold looking for the information I need.

I must say that tirerack is excellent in this respect though. They are usually very helpful via e-mail or forums. I just wish they carried the wheels that I wanted!!!

Old 08-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Squirlz
6th Gear
This is funny, I e-mailed wheelmax on 8/5 asking where to find wheel weights. Didn't get a response, e-mailed again yesterday and they said they don't have that information. Then they said "You can try the manufacturer but they won't have that info either" WHAT?!?! How stupid do they think we are?

Edgeracing is no better...I e-mailed a simple question on 8/4 and never heard back from them despite their boast of "e-mails will be answered within 24 hours".

Old 08-19-2005, 11:47 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
I must say that tirerack is excellent in this respect though. They are usually very helpful via e-mail or forums. I just wish they carried the wheels that I wanted!!!
Tire Rack also carries quality products from major manufacturers and good warranties.

From my experience and others with these "bargain" wheels is that like anything else, you get what you pay for including on the service/customer service end.

Personally, I tried the "bargain" replica wheel route ... and if I ever buy aftermarket wheels again, I am sticking to major brands.

Old 08-19-2005, 11:54 AM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
Don't buy from wheel max if you really care what the exact weight is.

If enough folks cared, and didn't buy from them, they'd find out the info for you pretty quick.

I asked the same question to a phone rep, regarding thier EXEL TZ-10 and got the same answer. I honsetly think the rep did not know, rather than him somehow stonewalling me. They sell a few brands, where you can find out elsewhere, but as I understand it, their "house" brands like EXEL, and NEXO, and AZA are just branded by them. They are not manufactured by them. I would imagine that weight is not that much of a design issue.

They are relatively inexpensive, and probably weigh similar to other comparable cast aluminum wheels.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Old 08-19-2005, 12:33 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
i actually got a half decent response from them...

they quoted me a general weight neighborhood of 19-21... good enough for me to stay away!

i found exel and nexo's own website so let's see how they'd respond

Old 08-19-2005, 02:25 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Tirerack is my sole source for wheels and tires.

they're finally carring Rays like the Gramlights so im sure by the
time i have more cash for my G35C's next set, they will have some
GT-V's! i got a set of 19" SSR GT3's from Alex a couple of
months ago and they are awesome wheels.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Mini-Hype
2nd Gear
I requested weight information from Wheelmax about 3 weeks ago also. Same response..."That information is not available to give to you".

Personally, I would never buy from wheelmax either. It's just plain wrong that they won't provide important information.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:54 PM
lurch70
6th Gear
have you guys tried www.tires.com ? seems like they have a good selection and pricing.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:24 PM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kenchan
Tirerack is my sole source for wheels and tires.

they're finally carring Rays like the Gramlights so im sure by the
time i have more cash for my G35C's next set, they will have some
GT-V's! i got a set of 19" SSR GT3's from Alex a couple of
months ago and they are awesome wheels.
POST pics!

Old 08-19-2005, 07:43 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
G35 i'd probably obt for the GT-Ps...

as for tire rack.. i wish they carry enkei and even rota... maybe throw in Work and Racing Hart.. those would be great... right now im searching for a summer wheel and tire combo... and unfortunate tirerack doesnt carry enkei nor toyo nor falken

Old 08-19-2005, 08:39 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
you should check Discount Tires.

as far as rota's, buy them from www.subydude.com

Originally Posted by kyriian
G35 i'd probably obt for the GT-Ps...

as for tire rack.. i wish they carry enkei and even rota... maybe throw in Work and Racing Hart.. those would be great... right now im searching for a summer wheel and tire combo... and unfortunate tirerack doesnt carry enkei nor toyo nor falken

Old 08-19-2005, 08:40 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JCW Driver
POST pics!
I don't want to hijack the tread so here's a link::smile:
http://www.geocities.com/ken350gt/350GT.html

Old 08-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Boludo
2nd Gear
Yes I guess I am pretty opinionated with them because I really did like their wheels but weight was an issue for me and if you sell wheels in a sport where sometimes weight is an issue they should be able to tell you. And as far as being cranky for no reason, it sounds like everyone else didn't get anywhere with them as well so call it no reason, no biggie.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Moskito
5th Gear
I guess all of us have different needs and wants. I bought my Exel Race wheels from Wheelmax and I never asked for the weight because at this time it is not an issue. I wanted all matte black wheels and the choices are pretty much very limited, but I liked the looks of the Exel Race and the customer/sales service guys there were helpful and the price was right.
I don't have a scale at my house, but my buddy who was here when I swapped my S-Lites with Dunlop runflats for the Exel Race with Yokohama AVS 100, did the same "lift and compare" wheel weighing as I did. We both agreed that there was not much difference if any.
But I love the look of my wheels no matter the weight.
H