Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Is it just me or does MCS brakes suck

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 07:56 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
np, Ken

Originally Posted by kenchan
berk- i was just kidding. Didn't mean any harm.

i don't personally know many girls that are really into cars, but im sure
there are lots out there. :smile:

Old 10-12-2005, 12:22 AM
skuzy
5th Gear
love the info on this thread but one question ; what is metal bushings and what is this meant to do??
thanks.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:48 AM
motorsports_3
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by skuzy
love the info on this thread but one question ; what is metal bushings and what is this meant to do??
thanks.
The mini comes stock with rubber bushings, which are what hold the caliper to the rest of the brakes. These rubber ones tend to give in and have the calipers move a little bit. The metal ones keep it still more, which give you better braking. There is a tread with a lot of info on in here if some one wants to post it.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...ODUCT_ID=CBMW1
More info here

Old 10-12-2005, 06:24 PM
MandaBoo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ariercetinberk
Are you really a girl? Amazing:impatient
Hehe...now I see what happens when I don't pay attention to a thread I commented in Yep, I'm a chick, don't know about the hot thing, and yep I'm married. Honestly, before the hubby got an EVO, I really wasn't all that interested in cars and stuff. But he got it and started auto-xing and I decided it looked like fun, so he taught me how to drive a manual on the EVO and I started auto-xing. Then I decided that I wanted my own fun car and that I wanted a MINI, so I sold our Impala and ordered Bruno. A couple of weeks ago I went to my first track event with some friends (hubby couldn't go b/c of work) and I made a comment to my instructor that if you had told me 2 years ago that I would be on a road course I would have laughed in your face and he seemes really surprised for how into it I was. Now, most of our friends are car nuts and I truly enjoy it and I can't wait to get back to the track

Old 10-12-2005, 07:17 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
thanks for the feedback

Originally Posted by MandaBoo
Hehe...now I see what happens when I don't pay attention to a thread I commented in Yep, I'm a chick, don't know about the hot thing, and yep I'm married. Honestly, before the hubby got an EVO, I really wasn't all that interested in cars and stuff. But he got it and started auto-xing and I decided it looked like fun, so he taught me how to drive a manual on the EVO and I started auto-xing. Then I decided that I wanted my own fun car and that I wanted a MINI, so I sold our Impala and ordered Bruno. A couple of weeks ago I went to my first track event with some friends (hubby couldn't go b/c of work) and I made a comment to my instructor that if you had told me 2 years ago that I would be on a road course I would have laughed in your face and he seemes really surprised for how into it I was. Now, most of our friends are car nuts and I truly enjoy it and I can't wait to get back to the track

Old 10-13-2005, 10:52 AM
meb
6th Gear
Light wheels - 13-16lbs along with light sticky tires 18-20lbs, will help to reduce braking distances and fade...and or boiling fluid.

Try attending a non-braking event - yup, no brakes. I haven't attended one in years, but I was very surprised by how much I had to adjust entry speeds during the beginning of the event. By the end of the session I was surprised by how fast I was entering turns. I began to rely on a bit more talent rather than brakes - talent is a relative term here. I'm still faster on my bicycle.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the smile....

Originally Posted by meb
I'm still faster on my bicycle.
I'm still laughing!

Old 10-13-2005, 11:51 AM
go_mini_go
3rd Gear
BMW...err MINI generally has very decent brakes. After several track weekends in my 05 I have had zero problems, no fade, no boiling, even have a bit of pad left. I use Hawk HP+ with Ford Heavy Duty Fluid or ATE.

Change the fluid and pads and your good to go. The bushings are a good idea, but unless you are dong track events, probably not needed... and more maint to keep them clean and working properly. BBK are, in my opinion, totally not needed, but I am sure they work well and look cool.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:31 AM
meb
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs
I'm still laughing!