Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Stay away from Wheelmax

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:58 AM
meg
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I think I found a place to order them. I really want a rim and tire package so that if something goes wrong I can send them back and not hear "well you mounted tires on them." It's a subaru place, but they offer wheels for other cars too. Also free shipping and lugnuts till the 7th. I am gonna call them today when they open (they are in CA, I am in NY) and see what they say. They are a bit more expensive then other places, but I would rather pay a bit more for piece of mind. 18racing didn't have the wheels in stock and it would take them 9 weeks to get them, plus they don't sell wheel/tire packages. I don't have that kind of patience.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:24 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
meg- you referring to SUBYDUDE? he's a nice guy. I use to deal with him a lot when i had my WRX.

one time he missed UPS drop off because he was super tied up with
difficult customers on a thurs (i wanted it for the weekend) and he later sent
me an email that he dropped it off via USPS for sat delivery. he even paid for
the freight.. got it Sat morning and i was on my way.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:40 AM
meg
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenchan
meg- you referring to SUBYDUDE? he's a nice guy. I use to deal with him a lot when i had my WRX.
Yes I am. My bf used to own a suby and he is still a member of nasioc, and that's where he found the advert for the free shipping and such. He had ordered stuff from them in the past with no problems. Gonna give them a call in a little bit to see if they can get what I need.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered my EXEL rims from them like a year ago. The rims came in mounted and balanced with Hankook's. I got the centering rings from a local complany here. The only thing from shipping is that they sent me nuts instead of bolts. I too have major shimmy associated with my EXEL's that they balanced for me. I have not yet got my car aligned and balanced to date. I have shimmy but I have gotten used to it. It's not bad. It depends on the road surface and steering wheel angle now. My brakes are also shot so that might have something to do with the shimmy (I have a RR dragging caliper) that MINI NORTH SCOTTSDALE won't warranty. I am happy with the rims but now that you mention it, I do have a lot of weights on each rim. Whatever. It's just my daily driver/soon to be track car.:impatient