Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Group Buy: M3 competition wheels for the MINI...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 08:15 AM
racinbmw
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Group Buy: M3 competition wheels for the MINI...

So for those of you that were not in the discussion on the "show me yur wheels" forum, I have contacted a company that makes the CSL competition wheels and they are willing to make sets for the MINI as long as we have a number of buyers. Just so you know here is what they tentatively will look like in the attachment.

They are willing to make us a crazy deal...A set of wheels for $699 in a 4x100 bolt pattern.

I have tried to answer all the question and request all the concerns to the manufacturer. The sizes will be available in 18x7.5", or 17x7.5". TO be honest I think that these wheels would look better in the 18" size. They will weigh in a around 20;bs from what I am told. We can have them in any offset needed. We need to have at least 100pcs produced in order to make this happen. Please list your name if you would like to be apart of this amazing buy opportunity for a really cool wheel at a very affordable price.

Thanks
Racinbmw

Attached Thumbnails Group Buy: M3 competition wheels for the MINI...-16qe.jpg  
Old 04-09-2006, 08:33 AM
J0kER
6th Gear
im down fer a set....but theres always a BUT

wat happened to tha 8.5X18 deal???????
its tha set configuration i want!!

Old 04-09-2006, 08:36 AM
mcs22004
5th Gear
Originally Posted by racinbmw
So for those of you that were not in the discussion on the "show me yur wheels" forum, I have contacted a company that makes the CSL competition wheels and they are willing to make sets for the MINI as long as we have a number of buyers. Just so you know here is what they tentatively will look like in the attachment.

They are willing to make us a crazy deal...A set of wheels for $699 in a 4x100 bolt pattern.

I have tried to answer all the question and request all the concerns to the manufacturer. The sizes will be available in 18x7.5", or 17x7.5". TO be honest I think that these wheels would look better in the 18" size. They will weigh in a around 20;bs from what I am told. We can have them in any offset needed. We need to have at least 100pcs produced in order to make this happen. Please list your name if you would like to be apart of this amazing buy opportunity for a really cool wheel at a very affordable price.

Thanks
Racinbmw
Custom made and yet 20 lbs?

Old 04-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Cooper(non-s)
2nd Gear
do both the 17s and 18s weigh 20 lbs? or the 17s less...

Old 04-09-2006, 09:00 AM
J0kER
6th Gear
if ur lookin' at these wheels fer their weight u might want to look sum where else cuz they are not going to be very light!!
also,as long as they are 20lbs and not like sum other wheel companies that post wrong wheel weights they are not that heavy...

Old 04-09-2006, 09:16 AM
tpetro33
4th Gear
Ooooooooooooooooh!

Those look awesome! Will they be centerbore of 56.1??????

Thanks.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by joker
if ur lookin' at these wheels fer their weight u might want to look sum where else cuz they are not going to be very light!! also,as long as they are 20lbs and not like sum other wheel companies that post wrong wheel weights they are not heavy...
If you are looking for lightweight you would be looking for 15s not 18s

are there pics of the actual wheels? What company is it again?

Old 04-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Grahamxx
1st Gear
If they can be shipped to the uk, I'm interested . Do you know the lead time for manufacturing?

Graham

Old 04-09-2006, 09:53 AM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
x2, great wheels tho. It will be hard to get 25 ppl together.

Originally Posted by RallyMINI

Old 04-09-2006, 09:59 AM
2perCooper
5th Gear

i think the vendor is ModBargings or something like that. I see that a lot of E46fanactics.com people buying these CSL replica wheels. So far, i have not seen any complaints about the company or the wheel. I still have some 18s that i bought last year that i have not put on yet, otherwise i would be all over this.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:00 AM
ChiliCooperS
6th Gear
For the second time I say I am interested in this wheel. I think there was another thread I started a while back on this SAME thing.

I hope we get a better response this time. Cuz dey be sweet!

Mikey

Old 04-09-2006, 10:29 AM
sprp85
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just want to see the wheels on a mini to be sure.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Nics
2nd Gear
FYI, I remember seeing a pic that they weighed of either the 18" or 19" wheels, and they came in a 24 lbs. I can't remember, but it is on the modbargains website.

But yes, 25 people will be hard to find. You might have to call in the Honda folks to see if they want to join in on the group buy, since they might also be able to fit the wheels on their cars.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by sprp85
I just want to see the wheels on a mini to be sure.

check out nuzzo motorsports' website...they run BBS wheels that pretty much look the same

Old 04-09-2006, 01:36 PM
typer139
3rd Gear
As in the other thread.. Count me in!

Nuzzo's are a very differnet style... I like them.. but they're a flat spoke with a drop center.. The CSL rims are a concave design where the spokes move smoothly from the center out to the edge of the lip. The first pic is of the actual CSL. the second is of the same (supposedly) rim off the M3 Competition Package, and the last is pic from ModBargains.com and it's supposedly a CSL Replica. The last one is supposedly an 18" wheel..

A couple of BMW Threads with a few more pics..

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=341489

..a very interesting thread..

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=311623

Old 04-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
yah i know the nuzzo's are different...but i think they are about as close as you can get on a MINI since these have to be custom made.

One thing to keep in mind is that they wont look like the ones on the BMW. They will be far less concave due to our high offset numbers...so they will be more flat like the BBS's on the nuzzo car.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:10 AM
racinbmw
3rd Gear
Everyone,
In reading a lot of posts on this topic it seems as though we honestly will not be able to get 20+ people to be interested in this group buy. To address some thigns that people were saying.
The vendor for these wheels is Modbargain, however the manufacturer of these wheels is Velocity, they are highly used in the BMW scene and their quality has not been complained about anywhere from what I can see. The offset for these wheels is at any offset that we would like so therefore they can fit however we would like. The weight of the actual wheel is something like 20 or 20+ however the intention of these wheels being track wheels was never the case. The price and quality and look have to be the best on the market as far as I have seen and researched. Some are saying why not just go with BBS since they make a similar wheel. Well BBS does not make an 18" wheel in the 4x100 pattern. Actually to think of it they dont make any 18" wheels that are 4x100. Otherwise I would have been all over BBS like non other. So in understanding this Velocity has agreed that they would make both an 18" and 17" wheel in the CSL style competition pattern for the mini. The look of the wheel on a Mini can only be understood by the picture that I attached. I think this is a sick deal and if their were 20+ people to buy into this I think that everyone in the Mini community would be happy for another nice looking wheel to be available to everyone. The reason that 20+ people are needed is to account for the cost involved on reconfiguring the machines to make these wheels according to Velocity. If you guys have any other questions I will try to address them as I can, or if you want send Velocity an email directly and let us know what your question was and what their response was.
Thanks,
Just trying to help others out!

Old 04-10-2006, 10:31 AM
lexlow
Banned
check out wheelmax

You guys may want to check into these other options. Just Change the centercap to MINI and voila!

Attached Thumbnails Group Buy: M3 competition wheels for the MINI...-arius.gif   Group Buy: M3 competition wheels for the MINI...-az15hb_z.jpg   Group Buy: M3 competition wheels for the MINI...-radius_z.gif  
Old 04-10-2006, 10:58 AM
MisterDangerPants
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Good price on a nice looking wheel. I just purchased a set of 17" BBS RX wheels (from the tire Rack) and they look pretty similar to the ones here.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:18 AM
skillet
6th Gear
I can tell you right now, I have yet to find a set of rims that look as nice as the CSL rims... All the others have a lip, and honestly, if the spokes go out to the edge of the rims and the rim doesn't have a lip, 17" would look big enough. I had 18's w/ a lip on my Jetta, and a friend with 17's like I'm describing (no lip, spokes come out as far as possible) looked just as big...

I'd be in on a purchase if they would offer them. Nobody else seems to offer what I'm looking for. That AZA rim was pretty darn close, but unfortnately, it only comes in a 5x... and from their website, they don't even offer it anymore...

Old 04-10-2006, 08:38 PM
RAW_MCS
2nd Gear
Been browsing through wheels for a while now, and these csl wheels are the first ones that have really caught my eye, sure there are plenty of great looking wheels out there for the Mini... but these have that BMW look to them, while @ a good price tag, are cutsom made for our MINI's!

Put me on the list for the group buy... hopefully this will happen before next winter.
I just had the JCW suspension installed (LOVE IT!!!) and would love to get off those run-flats.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:47 PM
skitelluride531
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by lexlow
You guys may want to check into these other options. Just Change the centercap to MINI and voila!

Don't buy from Wheelmax. Period.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:22 AM
J0kER
6th Gear
good point Rally.....

hope everyone understands this b4 buyin' these wheelz !
i sure dont want these unless they have that same aggressive 'concave look' (like on the M car)
a big detail like that is wat makes tha wheel desirable in my opinion!!
One thing to keep in mind is that they wont look like the ones on the BMW. They will be far less concave due to our high offset numbers...so they will be more flat like the BBS's on the nuzzo car.
BTW, those other wheel manufactures and styles pictured above dont come close to the detail and quality of VELOCITY

Old 04-11-2006, 07:42 AM
lexlow
Banned
Originally Posted by skitelluride531
Don't buy from Wheelmax. Period.

...and the reason for such hatred???

Old 04-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by lexlow
...and the reason for such hatred???
dunno if its the reason but...If you get into doing some reading of slightly older threads (only a few months) WheelMax has a history of screwing over there coustomers and putting them in unsafe situations.

Quick Reply: Group Buy: M3 competition wheels for the MINI...