Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Hamann HM-4 Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Mini Toy
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hamann HM-4 Wheels?

Can anyone advise me where the best price in the U.S. for a set of Hamann 17-in. HM-4 wheels? Also would anyone know the weight of these? I assume I will also need hub centric rings? I'm looking seriously at these for street wheels for my RG '06 JCW. I've looked at alot of wheels the past few weeks and I cannot find anything that gives that deep dish look on a spoked wheel. I also like the looks of the Volk T-37 ? and Konig Rewinds, but I'm really after a 17-in. (bbk) wheel which you cannot have w/the Rewinds. Any help?
Thanks.
Larry

Old 07-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Rick-Anderson
6th Gear
I have them on my MINI but I believe they are no longer made so you might have to find old stock. They do not need hubcentric rings since they were made for the MINI. Nothing looks quite as good on a MINI!

Old 07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Check with Wheelpower in Orange county . They are the Hamman importer for the US .

Randy
M7 tuning

Old 07-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Mini Toy
1st Gear
I understand the fit/weight is not ideal, but damn, then you guys put those pics up w/the HM4's and I start slobbering again. That look is almost priceless! Thanks.
Larry

Old 07-07-2006, 12:21 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
They weigh 21 lbs and that is not the end of the world I do notice a differance when I run my 14.5 lb track wheels however. I have had no problems with the fit though but perhaps I wore away the offending plastic miles ago and forgot about it

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 07-07-2006, 07:31 AM
zrwon
4th Gear
$359.95 at bavauto.com that's where I got mine, I never heard they were no longer made though?

Old 07-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Mini Toy
1st Gear
HM4 Wheels

Originally Posted by zrwon
$359.95 at bavauto.com that's where I got mine, I never heard they were no longer made though?
Hi Al,
How do you like your HM4's? Any fit problems, w/turning,bumps,etc? By the way, I''ve seen you posting on the ZR1 Net. I 've been over there w/ Mom for about 11 years now. I have a '93 R/R ZR1. Good to see you here!
Larry

Old 07-07-2006, 12:02 PM
zrwon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Toy
Hi Al,
How do you like your HM4's? Any fit problems, w/turning,bumps,etc? By the way, I''ve seen you posting on the ZR1 Net. I 've been over there w/ Mom for about 11 years now. I have a '93 R/R ZR1. Good to see you here!
Larry
Larry, I'm sure we must have met, I always hang around the Texans with the ZR1 group, I even went to the Texas BBQ and Corey's shop.
As far as the HM4's, they're not on the car yet, I went for a wheel alignment yesterday and they screw it all up, so until it's fixed, I won't install them but I'll keep you posted, I don't know about you but I sure like driving the MINI a lot more than the ZR1 lately.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:42 AM
Mini Toy
1st Gear
I'm like you on driving the Mini vs. the ZR-1! This Mini has been a real kick in the butt for fun. I'm still learning about this car and what mods are worthwhile. This car continues to amaze me with it's capabilities! Let me know how it goes w/the wheels and/or lessons learned. Thanks.
Larry

Old 07-10-2006, 07:04 AM
zrwon
4th Gear
Update on the Hamann HM4

I'm like you on driving the Mini vs. the ZR-1! This Mini has been a real kick in the butt for fun. I'm still learning about this car and what mods are worthwhile. This car continues to amaze me with it's capabilities! Let me know how it goes w/the wheels and/or lessons learned. Thanks.
Larry
Larry, I installed them and they fit better than my previous 7" wide rims, I used to have a space inside the rear fender, now the HM4 brought the tire closer to the fender lip and still doesn't rub.
See the pictures on my post:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...73#post1032673

Old 07-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Mini Toy
1st Gear
Update on the Hamann HM4

Congrats Al,your car just looks "Muey Bueno" w/that wheel/tire combo

You say there is no rubbing or bottoming out now? How about from a performance aspect, do you notice any difference w/ the weight of these wheels vs. your previous wheels (stock)? Once again, the car looks outstanding w/that combo!
Larry

Old 07-10-2006, 07:06 PM
zrwon
4th Gear
Congrats Al,your car just looks "Muey Bueno" w/that wheel/tire combo

You say there is no rubbing or bottoming out now? How about from a performance aspect, do you notice any difference w/ the weight of these wheels vs. your previous wheels (stock)? Once again, the car looks outstanding w/that combo!
Larry
Larry, my stock wheels and run-flats were 45 lbs. my chrome wheels with GS D-3 were 44.5 lbs and these ones are the same as the chrome ones 44.5 lbs but I find these ones to feel smoother than it was on the 7" rims, it might be just my imagination but they do feel like a better ride but I haven't compare the tire pressure yet, they were mounted at the same shop, I assume they would be the same, as far as wear, the car has only 1700 miles and the chrome wheels had only 450 miles on them so tire wear is not the reason either.
They do look much better, the tire looks wider on the 8" rim than it did on the 7" and the lip is wider with the spokes tucked inside the wheel, my 7" you could see the spokes bulging out from behind the car, it looked like a hub cap sticking out, the other advantage of the HM4 is I can actually set the toe on the alignment because there is nothing in the way, I had clamped one 4' level on each wheel and was able to take measurement from side to side and the levels were tight against the wheel lip, not the tire buldge, I put a piece of duct tape to protect the wheel finish and it worked like a charm.