Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Some Ignorant Creep or Creeps GOUGED my orginal white wheels!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 10:17 PM
dix
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Ignorant Creep or Creeps GOUGED my orginal white wheels!!!

The original white wheels on my 02 MC now sport deep gorge marks on them thanks to a fiend OR fiend(s) who took what appears to be a CHISEL to them!!! I feel faint and sick at the same time!! I'm calling my insurance co. tomorrow. I have a 500.00 deductable. Can any fellow Namsters tell me just how much replacements are going to cost...and Yes..."sob" The little creep or creeps got each and EVERY WHEEL!! They chipped them so badly, you can see the metal glaring out at you from every white wheel. I can't do pics or NAM would be able to sob along with me as they witness the carnage done to my baby. I'm counting myself lucky that they didn't think about stabbing the tires while they were at it. The wheels are bad...so bad looking...I'm still crying! Happened in Springfield Mo. Don't park at MSU campus at nite!!! There's NO way to cover up the marks, THERE was METAL SHAVINGS for pete's sake!!! :impatient I was even parked under a darn LIGHT!!!

Old 08-13-2006, 10:29 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
If you check the marketplace you may be able to find some good replacement wheels for less than your deductable. There are also a lot of aftermarket wheels for less than your deductable.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:31 PM
xizor
4th Gear
do used (ie: ebay) replacements even cost $500? I'd check your options first

Old 08-14-2006, 07:01 PM
golfersmurf
3rd Gear
Since no one else has expressed this yet...ummm...I'm shocked anyone would choose to "attack" your wheels. That's really weird!

I don't know why but I can just picture some crazy looking dude with metal tipped boots angerly kicking your wheels for some reason. Very weird.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:39 PM
dix
6th Gear
Originally Posted by golfersmurf
Since no one else has expressed this yet...ummm...I'm shocked anyone would choose to "attack" your wheels. That's really weird!

I don't know why but I can just picture some crazy looking dude with metal tipped boots angerly kicking your wheels for some reason. Very weird.
Weird??? What's so weird about a mean soul who likes to destroy other people's property? I think a lot of people would like to know that question. It happens that the campus had security cameras and caught the kid who did it. He was high and in a bad mood. I can only assume that the yellow of my car caught his eye and he decided to destroy the looks of a nice car. And yes, I intend to send him to court.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:40 PM
dix
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dave
If you check the marketplace you may be able to find some good replacement wheels for less than your deductable. There are also a lot of aftermarket wheels for less than your deductable.
Thank you Dave. I'm already cking on it.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:57 AM
fred3
4th Gear
Sorry to hear about your wheels. But...

Originally Posted by dix
The original white wheels on my 02 MC now sport deep gorge marks on them thanks to a fiend OR fiend(s) who took what appears to be a CHISEL to them!!! I feel faint and sick at the same time!! I'm calling my insurance co. tomorrow. I have a 500.00 deductable. Can any fellow Namsters tell me just how much replacements are going to cost...and Yes..."sob" The little creep or creeps got each and EVERY WHEEL!! They chipped them so badly, you can see the metal glaring out at you from every white wheel. I can't do pics or NAM would be able to sob along with me as they witness the carnage done to my baby. I'm counting myself lucky that they didn't think about stabbing the tires while they were at it. The wheels are bad...so bad looking...I'm still crying! Happened in Springfield Mo. Don't park at MSU campus at nite!!! There's NO way to cover up the marks, THERE was METAL SHAVINGS for pete's sake!!! :impatient I was even parked under a darn LIGHT!!!
"gorged"? Are you sure? Maybe "gouged"?

Old 08-15-2006, 03:33 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fred3
"gorged"? Are you sure? Maybe "gouged"?
That's how they pronounce it in Missourah! I edited the thread title, but will not touch her actual post. I am glad they caught the perp, and yes...absolutely do make him pay, both financially and legally, for his act of vandalism. So sorry, dix!

Old 08-15-2006, 04:34 AM
bzn by
4th Gear
That really sucks, I'm glad that the camera caught the creep. I have never understood why idiots attack innocent cars, that just infuriates me. Go after him/them for all you can, teach the creeps a lesson.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Glad to hear they got him!
If they are the s-heavies, I think a fitting punishment (after he pays for new ones) would be to drop the s-heavies on said offender. How does THAT feel?! Retribution, big time!

Old 08-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mean People Suck... Glad they caught the little creep...

Donna

Old 08-18-2006, 08:36 AM
acitydweller
6th Gear
remember to get a police report.