Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Buying from Edge Racing, Miami - Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 07:37 PM
atl05mca
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying from Edge Racing, Miami - Opinions

All NAM;

Have seen the negative opinions about ER for their Flik brand of wheels...

But I'm looking for feedback on their value / service on known brand names wheels, like Enkei...specifically known brand name wheel / tire bundles....

Any guidance / experience would be appreciated as I need to upgrade the wife's MCa from those skinny stock Conti's ASAP...and concerned that ER's prices look too good to be true...

Thanks !

Old 08-23-2006, 08:38 PM
SpunkytheTuna
4th Gear
I've bought two sets of wheels from Edge. Both sets were Fliks. Both arrived promptly with centering rings and new lug bolts. Both were in perfect shape when they arrived and were what I expected them to be.

I have no complaints on that score.

On the other hand, I sent them an e-mail asking about purchasong another set of centering rings and center caps. I haven't heard back from them yet, but it's only been about six or eight weeks, so maybe they just haven't gotten around to checking their e-mail. But I'm beginning to despair of an answer.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Alan
4th Gear
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Bought my Flik Blast wheels and set of Falken Azenis from Edge Racing for track use over 2 years ago. Arrived promptly with centering rings and lugs. Needed a replacement set of lugs (due to me misplacing them). Called Edge Racing and they arrived promptly as well. No problem at all with Edge Racing.

Alan

Old 08-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Wiggles
4th Gear
I've bought tires from them several times. Good prices and quick delivery to East Tennessee.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:39 PM
tools
3rd Gear
I bought my Flick Fuels from Them. The only problem I had was that their weights didn't stay on very good. Other than that no problems.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:49 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my 15" Flik Fuels recently despite all the bashing they took on their Flik Wasps. Only problem I had was that they sent 4 wheels in two boxes, with one box had the wrong ZIP code, so UPS lost one of the sets of wheels even though the other set arrived correctly. Seems someone didn't catch the wrong ZIP on the first wheels but there were delivered to me anyways, and someone else caught the wrong ZIP on the second set and flagged it and didn't think to call me, so it took many days and much frustration to locate it.

I don't think Edge Racing really does very well with email. I emailed them an inquiry about my wheels before I purchased them, and I got a reply 2 weeks after I already received them. Another email inquiry to them about a stripped lug bolt went unanswered, but I should have called them instead, it's my fault.

In short, no real complaints, I love the wheels, and the service was fine.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:11 PM
TampaMCS
5th Gear
Ok, with being honest and trying to be as fair as one who has issues can be:

1st set of wheels, Flik Wasp, 18x7.5" 215/35/18 Pirelli Pzero Nero's
Arrived with centering rings and lugs.
Wheels were great...

About 6 mos later the clear coat began to come off, and the paint was fading. Otherwise perfect!

2nd set of wheels Flik Wasps 17x7" 215/45/17 Pirelli
Received them, installed. Car shook like I was driving on a brick road.

Took them to 2 different wheel shops at Edge's request. 2nd shop did the Hunter Road force balance, said at least one was barely passable for trueness, the others were pretty much barely on the acceptable range.

Now in Edges defense, the did take them back after much effort to get them to take them back, I did not want a set of bum wheels. They did stop offering the 215/45 on the 17's even though I am running track rims and street rims that are both 215/45 without issue. They did at least return the wheels and credit me back my entire amount including shipping.

Take it for what its worth, I'm not upset with them, I wish it had not have happened because I liked the look but what can you do. I don't have anything negative to say about them because they did what I asked by taking back the wheels.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
I just purchased a set of tires from them about 2 weeks ago. No problems. Several of my friends have purchased both wheels (5Zigen and Flik) and tires from them (both packages and separate) with no problems. I found customer service to be good/helpful. Although I live in Miami so I dealt with them directly.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 AM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I placed an order for tires that showed 'in stock'. No reply, no email with shipping info. I waited three days, emailed them back and they replied 'out of stock'. Umm.... dubya tee effe? No 'they'll be back in stock in two weeks' or 'how about this instead?'.

I ended ordering something from Tire Rack for the wheels I'd just purchased from them. So, in the end, Edge Racing cost me $$$ because I could have gotten free mounting/balancing had I ordered all together.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:03 AM
sprp85
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember stripping an edge racing bolt..

They are low quality bolts. If you buy wheels from them, I suggest you to use your factory bolts..

Old 08-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gary

got Filk wheels with Proxis T1R tyres from Edge. Everything was sweet, but for the first set of lug bolts. They were replaced, and edge has stopped shipping those bolts.

Seems like if they have what you want, the prices are great. If they don't have what you want, the prices don't matter!

Matt

Old 08-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Mineon
4th Gear
I've bought a set of wheels and several sets of tires from Edge, and never really had a problem with them. The set of wheels I bought was the Flik/TDR they used to carry, which were just Team Dynamics wheels they added their "Flik" name to. One of the wheels had a defect, it leaked air through some casting flaws in the center of the rim, so gave me TDR's contact info, and I had a new wheel within a week.

-Keith

Old 08-28-2006, 11:06 AM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
I bought an Enkei wheel/Hankook tire bundle from them and all arrived within days and in perfect condition. Only problem was one short bolt – the head, not the threads – which looked “wrong” compared to others, but was perfectly acceptable, although a Tech Inspector did question it. After emailing a picture of both sizes, Edge Racing promptly sent along the correct size. I'm fully satisfied.
-John

Old 08-29-2006, 02:58 AM
mudshark00
1st Gear
I just purchased and recieved in five days a set of Flik Wasp 18X7.5 and 215/35-18 Falkens. Everything seems fine and I was satisified with Edge's responses.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:32 AM
SCmini
2nd Gear
I purchased some 15" hankooks for my ACR from them. Prompt shipping, and no issues to note. I haven't ordered rims from them yet.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:43 AM
One-D
2nd Gear
Have ordered from Edgeracing for some Fliks also. Everything went well except they did not give me center caps. Haven't had any issues with their bolts. As always, just need to be careful threading bolts on.

Didn't get the wheel-tire package though... got Kumho ECSTA SPT from Tirerack instead

Old 09-01-2006, 04:12 PM
atl05mca
1st Gear
Thanks All !

HAve been looking at their (in house brand?) Fliks since the WWW states they weigh close to my orig. "holies"....the last thing a MCa needs is more wheel weight !