Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

My early review for my Yokohama Parada Spec-2's

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 11:47 AM
DrkSilver163
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My early review for my Yokohama Parada Spec-2's

I recently ordered a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-2's for my Cooper S. I finally mounted them and went for a test drive, and all i have to say is WOW!! Grip a-plenty in the curves, powering out of straights, anytime you need it. As a reference, i just came off a set of Pirelli Euphori@ run-flats, which i was pretty happy with. they gave me 30,000 good miles, including 3 autocrosses and a track day. So i wasnt expecting much more out of the Yokohamas, but they definitely was very impressed.
Before i noticed the improved grip, i noticed the improved ride quality-but i had jsut ditched bald run-flats, so that will happen. but still, the bumps are not nearly as bad as they were before.
Aside from getting great grip, they look SO COOL!!. ill try and post a pic soon of them mounted on my car.
Overall, the Parada Spec 2's get my thumb's up

P.S. Thanks to the Tire Rack for great customer service and speedy delivery!

Old 10-11-2006, 10:39 AM
fiveover
3rd Gear
Cool. I just ordered a set to replace my Pirelli euphorias run flats also. I'm gonna mount them on my s-lites. I love the tread design but was just concerned about the noise factor. What wheels did you mount them to?

Old 10-11-2006, 01:09 PM
DrkSilver163
5th Gear
I mounted them on my S-Lites as well. Its all i got, lol. THe noise isnt so bad. But i always have my volume really loud on the CD player, so road noise isnt an issue.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:25 PM
camelpilot
Banned
The Parada Spec 2 is my favourite tire of all time, and these tires are unbelieable and way underpriced, which is great for us.

I came off of BFG geforce Sport <-- A complete POS crap of a tire, I will never buy BFG again.

As for the Parada Spec 2, I have tested them in Endurance (Los Angeles - Denver Return trip), High Speed Endurance (130mph+ on I-15 and I-70 on said trip), Track Days (Pueblo and Buttonwillow), Autocross (BMWCCA), and these tires are bullet proof and will outperform anything in their class and more. And they still got plenty of tread left.

They are as agile as runflats, and as grippy as you can possibly get for a street tire. They have excellent wet characteristics also.

Yokohama Parada Spec2 is the best tires you can get for the money.

Their only downfall is they are very noisy.

My next set of tires will be Parada Spec2's, the set after that will be Parada Spec2's. Guess what I will get after that set.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:44 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, all performance tires get noisy when they wear...so i don't think
that's too big of a deal.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:02 PM
DrkSilvrMini
6th Gear
guess ill be an oddball here.

I hated my parada's. those things wore out so fast. I did not like them one bit. as soon as the fronts were gone all of them went. and i bought new wheels with Hankook K106's i believe. and those tires were awesome.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:00 PM
camelpilot
Banned
Originally Posted by DrkSilvrMini
guess ill be an oddball here.

I hated my parada's. those things wore out so fast. I did not like them one bit. as soon as the fronts were gone all of them went. and i bought new wheels with Hankook K106's i believe. and those tires were awesome.
Yeah, they don't last too long if you use them what they are meant for.

I'm guessing my Paradas will need replacing in February, so that will be about 7 months/8000 miles of hard driving.

Definitely longer than the 2 months my geforce sports lasted.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:44 PM
fiveover
3rd Gear
If I get 10K out of mine I'll be happy. That will take me like 2 years to accumulate. I know noise will be a bit of a factor but ya' gotta know that going into the deal.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:47 PM
DrkSilvrMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by fiveover
If I get 10K out of mine I'll be happy. That will take me like 2 years to accumulate. I know noise will be a bit of a factor but ya' gotta know that going into the deal.

if you do any kind of hard or spirited driving, dont count on gettin 2 years out of them. but if you drive like a normal person and dont corner hard then you might. Just saying from my point of view here.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:31 PM
fiveover
3rd Gear
8K, 10K, whatever. They gotta be better than my RF's.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:00 AM
fiveover
3rd Gear
Got 'em yesterday. Talk about speedy delivery. I ordered mine late Tues. night, and they were in my garage Fri. afternoon. I'll get them mounted and write up a little review.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:00 PM
fiveover
3rd Gear
All I can say is LOSE YOUR RUNFLATS...ASAP! Now I haven't driven a lot of different tires but these Yokohama Parada Spec-2's are awesome. My car felt better just pulling out of the parking lot where I got them mounted. My Euphori@ right front was pretty much bald but man, the car just rides better. It is quieter, smoother, grippier, I mean I don't know what else to say. I took them up my favorite canyon run and had not one squeel or slip. They don't sound noisy to me at all. Thanks Tire Rack for a great deal and speedy delivery.