Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

TD Pro Race 1 vs. OZ Prodrive 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Totek
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I'm looking for input on these wheels/manufacturers, if anyone cares to share relevant experience. Cost on the 2 are similar enough as to not be an issue. The information I've been able to gather thus far:

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1:
17x7"
+45mm offset
~16lbs. (my confidence in this figure is not great)

Prodrive 1 (OZ):
17x7"
? offset (Alex, do you have this information?)
20.5lbs.

The application is my 2003 jb/w MCS street car. Track application is not an issue as I can't drive him with a helmet on. (I'm 6'4" with relatively short legs, people are always amazed I can drive the Mini in the first place). I plan on the H-Sport springs and Madness sway bar mods.

Since this is a street car one of my larger concerns is wheel durability. Fortunately we're in California so the potholes aren't too bad for the most part. I'd like to shed a few pounds per corner but don't want to have broken wheel issues. Losing the runflats will go a long ways towards that goal but less is, well, less.

So, if anyone has experience with these wheels or manufacturers and feels like sharing it'd be much appreciated. I'm also looking for reccommendations on tires for said wheels keeping in mind the application (CA car, street use, some rain, lowered 1&quot.

Thanks in advance!

js

Old 04-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Alex@tirerack
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Prodrive P1

et 42

Alex

>>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>
>>I'm looking for input on these wheels/manufacturers, if anyone cares to share relevant experience. Cost on the 2 are similar enough as to not be an issue. The information I've been able to gather thus far:
>>
>>Team Dynamics Pro Race 1:
>>17x7"
>>+45mm offset
>>~16lbs. (my confidence in this figure is not great)
>>
>>Prodrive 1 (OZ):
>>17x7"
>>? offset (Alex, do you have this information?)
>>20.5lbs.
>>
>>The application is my 2003 jb/w MCS street car. Track application is not an issue as I can't drive him with a helmet on. (I'm 6'4" with relatively short legs, people are always amazed I can drive the Mini in the first place). I plan on the H-Sport springs and Madness sway bar mods.
>>
>>Since this is a street car one of my larger concerns is wheel durability. Fortunately we're in California so the potholes aren't too bad for the most part. I'd like to shed a few pounds per corner but don't want to have broken wheel issues. Losing the runflats will go a long ways towards that goal but less is, well, less.
>>
>>So, if anyone has experience with these wheels or manufacturers and feels like sharing it'd be much appreciated. I'm also looking for reccommendations on tires for said wheels keeping in mind the application (CA car, street use, some rain, lowered 1&quot.
>>
>>Thanks in advance!
>>
>>js