Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Detroit Tuned BIG Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Larry Clemens
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detroit Tuned BIG Brake Kit

I had the Detroit Tuned Big Brake kit installed by Scott at Central Coast Coopers several weeks ago. The kit includes 12.8 inch front rotors, SS lines, 4 piston Outlaw calipers and pads for $900.00. Scott also put matching Hawk pads on the rear and painted my OE rear calipers to match the DT black calipers in the front. I am very happy with the results. As Scott said when he test drove the car after installation, "OMG." Once I tested the brakes, I new what he meant. The car stops on a dime without any noticeable brake fade. Two Big Thumbs Up for Central Coast Coopers and Detroit Tuned. BTW, Chad at Detroit Tuned has been very helpful in promptly answering all my questions. The kit fits under most 17 inch wheels. I have the Kosei K1-TS wheels.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:02 AM
golfersmurf
3rd Gear
Cool! Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you hear you're happy with your BBK!

Such an upgrade's on my mod list but I get concerned when I hear that some folks find post upgrade that their brakes are not way better. Personally I'm not that impressed with the stock setup but I know whenever someone says that here they get flamed, so I won't say anything negative about the stock brakes.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:19 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by golfersmurf
Cool! Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you hear you're happy with your BBK!

Such an upgrade's on my mod list but I get concerned when I hear that some folks find post upgrade that their brakes are not way better. Personally I'm not that impressed with the stock setup but I know whenever someone says that here they get flamed, so I won't say anything negative about the stock brakes.
the initial stopping power of the stock brakes is good but after 3-4 hard stops the brakes fade pretty bad.... if all you are doing is stop and go commuteing you will never see a difference.... one trip to the Dragon will convince you....

Old 11-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Larry Clemens
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SpiderX
the initial stopping power of the stock brakes is good but after 3-4 hard stops the brakes fade pretty bad.... if all you are doing is stop and go commuteing you will never see a difference.... one trip to the Dragon will convince you....
or a daily commute on the Los Angeles freeways.