Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

TCE rear rotor kits- UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 01:04 PM
62Lincoln
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by toddtce
We also found that the current parking brake cable "may" work on this and it's clearly my intention to try and do so. Thus preventing you from needing to source custom cables. And install them.

For those of you with DIRECT thread we might have a bit of a snag but I'm working on it as well.
Todd, I have one of your early rear kits, and this product is certainly interesting to me! On my car, the parking brake cable is on the verge of being too tightly stretched, so I would actually be open to getting a longer cable if it's possible to do so.

Where is the pricing listed on your page? I'm not finding it, but then again I can get lost in my own house!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:57 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
The intent of this when done is that this will fit all of the rear rotor kits produced to date. Your cable is not really stretched however. The cable is only tight when in the droop postition while the car is off the ground. And it's the jacket that is tight- the cable pulls opposite to that. In any case, the hopes are that all of that will go away and be no problem.

You didn't find the price as I have no price on the calipers yet either. Stay tuned.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:47 PM
62Lincoln
5th Gear
I think quite a few of us are waiting with bated breath. Good luck with ironing out the final details.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:35 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Nobody more than me. Trust me guys; as soon as I can get this finalized and "up" you'll be hearing about it.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:36 PM
trackster
5th Gear
Todd will you be at the vegas mini event this year? Perhaps you can give us al a look see at the new items.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:58 PM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
waiting to hear more about this but, you know this already.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:17 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Rear kit updates:

I hope to have these rear caliper kits on display in Vegas. In fact I may be bringing up a car with them in place for your viewing pleasure. If I can get everything else in there too.....

I expect to have one of the proper calipers in hand shortly and then be able to finalize the required brackets from the previous desgns we made from the prelim test fits.

As for pricing, here are the projected cost of both the caliper kit and the change to the complete rear kit.

Calipers only upgrade to existing TCE 11.75" kits- $750
Includes; calipers, pads, brackets, cable adapters, hardware and hoses. (no you cannot, sorry)

Complete rear kits for new customers- $1295
Includes; all of the above plus the two piece hats/rotors of 11.75".

I'm sure there's some "sticker shock" with those prices and I too had hoped the caliper cost would be a bit less (perhaps dropping the retail $75) but they are what they are. In fact for those who may question the cost of the rear kit compared to a TCE front kit....the parking brake **liper costs me more than the FSL of the front. Between the higher caliper cost, radial bracket cost and lower rotor costs both the TCE 13 and TCE Rear kit will be nearly the same.

Be certain that I'll do what I can to keep the final price as fair as I can for everyone.

Last edited by toddtce; 03-02-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: strange typing
Old 02-25-2007, 05:42 AM
fafnir
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have anything that will fit the R56 yet?

say some sort of a bbk that has at least two pistons (hopefully four) for the fronts and also uses a lighter floating type too

and also some kind of brembo gtr style rotors

and a matching rear kit, and hopefully with the option to bias towards the rear just a touch

and fits in 17" wheels nice, rather than having to use 18" 's

and also uses the M14 lugs instead of the M12's

_

Last edited by fafnir; 02-25-2007 at 05:43 AM. Reason: added stuff
Old 02-25-2007, 07:24 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by fafnir
do you have anything that will fit the R56 yet?

say some sort of a bbk that has at least two pistons (hopefully four) for the fronts and also uses a lighter floating type too

and also some kind of brembo gtr style rotors

and a matching rear kit, and hopefully with the option to bias towards the rear just a touch

and fits in 17" wheels nice, rather than having to use 18" 's

and also uses the M14 lugs instead of the M12's

_
At this time there are at least four flavors of Wilwood and TCE/Wilwood front kits. Plus the normal rear rotor kit and planned rear caliper package. I don't see this expanding any further.

Any of these kits can easily accomodate the M14 bolts by simpy oversizing the current holes.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:29 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
what's up with the word **liper or any word begining with the letters **

Old 03-02-2007, 01:36 PM
62Lincoln
5th Gear
Originally Posted by toddtce
what's up with the word **liper or any word begining with the letters **
I hope it's just some electronic nanny run amuck.

Todd, will these new calipers allow for a more "comfortable" fit for the cable? My car seems to be at the brink in terms of fitment, I guess it's just 'one of those deals'. The caliper looks really good, congrats on a job well done. I don't know if my budget can afford the $750 price, but I know you will do all you can to keep things good for the NAMers.

P.S. I used as many 'ca' words as possible in my post just to amuse myself.

cable! car! can't! can! caliper! can of tuna! canada!

Old 03-02-2007, 03:32 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Not sure. I just did and edit from the shop on it and appears fine now. I just can't use the letters ca in a row. Or can I? CALIPER....hmm.

The cable (there's that ca again) fits very tight in the 11.75 kit now. But really only at droop. Crawl under there on the ground and it's not that way.

The new KAliper I hope will use the same KAble and it looks be be a good fit from first glance. I have the red ones here now and we hope to put it on the car tomorrow. Stay tuned. If you KAn

Old 03-03-2007, 03:38 PM
toddtce
Former Vendor
REAR KIT IN SERVICE!

Got installed today. In service as you read this.

Went pretty much to plan. Small changes here and there. In short; it will bolt up to existing TCE customer's 11.75" rear rotor kits.

Appears that it will REQUIRE the use of 17" wheels. Body of the caliper is quite large. Stock cables are retained also.

For your viewing pleasure:

Attached Thumbnails TCE rear rotor kits- UPDATE-on_car_rear.jpg   TCE rear rotor kits- UPDATE-rear3.jpg   TCE rear rotor kits- UPDATE-rear4.jpg